Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F350 Short Bed concerns

I'm looking to pull a Solitude 310GK with a 2017 F350 Crew Cab Short Bed SWD. It has the 5wheel prep package. Any advice on whether I'm going to have trouble with a standard hitch? I'm thinking B&W that's made for the Ford. Am I going to wish I had a slider or some other trick hitch I don't know about yet? I'm getting the short bed so the truck only sticks one foot onto the sidewalk when parked in my driveway. 😳

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't address whether the truck and the fifth can make tight turns. But if the advice comes back negative, most common suggestions will be to get an automatic sliding hitch to make sure. Usually Pull-Right is noted as the best. I did use the Reese Sidewinder on my old fifth, and it worked great. Overall less money, you can use a standard hitch, and you can save weight in the bed. And jack-knife the fifth all you want. So there are options.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you decide on a Pull-Rite, there is a fellow selling his on another forum. He came down to $400, but that's it. If your interested let me know and I'll connect you. Here's his original post. As I said, last price mentioned was $400, and I'm sure shipping.

This is a PullRite Superglide 4400 5th wheel hitch. Other than a scratch here and there, and now about 18 months worth of dust, it's like new. It was only ever used to tow my 13,000-ish lb Elevation toy hauler for 5,603 miles. I've purchased a LWB now, and no longer need the slider. I also have the PullRite SuperGlide SuperRail rails to go with the hitch, as well as the PullRite 3335 Gooseneck Hitch Plate that works with that same SuperRail kit. The SuperRails are shown in the picture below, attached to the gooseneck adapter, but are easily removed and installed under the hitch.

PullRite SuperGlide 4400 on Amazon: $1,432.58. I'll take $600.

SuperRails: $100

Gooseneck adapter: $150
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1875.jpg  
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5th wheel + short bed = slider hitch

Caveat: I am a terrible resource for this question. I have only owned long bed trucks. Where do I get off giving advice on the subject? As a campground host I get to see lots of stuff. Mostly short bed 5th wheels don't have much of a problem in low angle turns, but (always gotta be one) I have also seen cabs with indentations and caps with cracks and breaks. Will it happen to you? unknown. Has it happened, absolutely.

If it were me I would BSTS. (better safe than sorry)

Dallas

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a SB F-350 and have the B&W Companion Slider with single point attachment on the B&W Turnover goose neck hitch (sold separately). I believe that a slider is cheap insurance as a damaged truck cab and front cap sounds like an expensive aggravation. I'm pretty sure that you can get a slider from B&W and others that will attach to the factory puck system. That Pullrite that Steve7 referenced above sounds like a real bargain. The slider I have is manual if you don't want to deal with that there are automatic models available. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a pullrite super glide and it worked very well I highly recommend going with the pullrite !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a F250 6.7L PSD 4x4 SRW supercab (6-3/4' bed I think) and have the pullrite super glide 20k pulling a Reflection 30BH. Seems to work great, the downside is the weight of the hitch. I have posts mounted, so when/if I remove it, my bed is flat. I also have a backflip cover, folds back to first position and still covers a small honda generator and other stuff while underway.

Marcus

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a short bed 2016 F-250 with a Curt q16 slider (can't recommend this hitch). I am going to upgrade to a pullrite auto slide down the road. I've used the slide a couple times. For tight spots you will need it. A SB does add stress to maneuvering, sliding it takes some of the stress and concern away. I slide mine in tight spots even if I didn't need it, to get into the habit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greb-311BHS View Post
    I have a short bed 2016 F-250 with a Curt q16 slider (can't recommend this hitch).
    Greb-311BHS. Can you elaborate your problems?
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can speak to D2Reid, I have a short bed Ford and a Reese slider hitch. I was in a hurry one day and didn't put it into manuever to back around a corner. Yep, got the dent in my back pillar but fortunately didn't hurt my Solitude. Short bed = slider hitch.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast