Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    David: Here are pictures and measurements from this weekend. I can easily turn 90deg with 4" of clearance to the cab window with the Demco. I also have between 3" and 4" of clearance. Pictures with tape measurement are at worst case scenario ( closest point). Overall, very happy with the Demco autoslider. Given the fact it is a direct drop in for the ford puck with no adaptor rails to add height, and adjustable heights, it seems to be the most elegant auto slider solution for Ford puck systems.

Jim
    Thank you very much, Jim - you've gone beyond the call of duty on this one. I hope others will find your measurements as helpful as I have! Best wishes, David

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pulling a Reflection 303RLS with A shortbed 2006 F250 4x4, with a Demco 18k Autoslide with Under-bed Mount System, and man, this vehicle can turn on a dime and 90 degree turns are frequent and no problems with clearance. I can speak for Demco's customer service too. Two different times, 1 out of warranty, they have overnighted upgraded parts to replace some parts that *may* have caused a failure, spending almost an hour on the phone with me to troubleshoot after they were supposed to be closed one friday night. Shipment arrived sunday delivery morning. I can't say enough good about Demco.
    I must say, also, that I have never regretted over-buying something, given that the 18k Autoslide was not cheap. But I got what I paid for, that is for sure!
    Get an autoslide! You don't want to get out and manually slide while it is raining! And save your pillars too....
    Nancy, Hank, Archie
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Ford F250 4x4 6.0L Diesel \ Demco 18k Hijacker Autoslide UMS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pullrite super glide is definitely the way to go , get what you pay for !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bry1956 View Post
    Pullrite super glide is definitely the way to go , get what you pay for !!!!!

You certainly do get what you pay for, that is why you can't get a pullrite superglide for the OEM Ford puck system and have to purchase a separate adapter rig that raises the hitch even taller or be able to adjust the height of the unit in newer Fords that are very tall to begin with... Sorry while the superglide may indeed be a good unit it is not a perfect fit for newer short bed fords (at least with a factory mount system)...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's good to know I'm a Chevy guy so I don't know much about the new Fords !!!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bry1956 View Post
    Well that's good to know I'm a Chevy guy so I don't know much about the new Fords !!!

Sorry, I shouldn't have "worded" it so gruffly. The pullrite is a great unit. A buddy has one with his Chevy and loves it. I looked at the Superglide pretty closely but for the Ford, it is not a great fit in my opinion. IN a different truck, I believe it is.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a problem I didn't know that about fords so I learn things today !!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sell a Curt system. With the 5-5 bed we recommend a sidewinder. With the 6-5 bed we recommend a slider. With the 8' bed just the hitch. The Puck system works well if you want to use the bed for gravel/mulch/drywall/etc. Check out Grand Designs new 150 Series Reflection with pivoting pin box.....SLICK!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017 Ford F250 SB with the factory puck system. I went with the Pullrite 16K autoslide. BabyBober is correct that the Pullrite mounts to additional rails, which then attach to the puck system (and raises the height of the hitch). My dealer sold me the Reese rails which were half the cost of the Pullrite rails, but work just fine. I was able to install a tonneau cover which cleared the hitch with no problem.

With no height adjustment on the hitch I was concerned about the height of the truck/hitch combination and whether the trailer would ride level. The dealer assured me it wouldn't be a problem and they were right- it worked out just fine. Didn't have to make any adjustments at the pin box to get things level.

I'm very happy with the Pullrite. Just don't try pulling the trailer without the capture plate installed!! (a story for another day)
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910