User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: TPMS System

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use TireMinder, no booster. Have had not issues to date after about 3,000 miles. Simple to use.
    Joe & Kim Procter
    2016 Refection 303RLS
    2011 Ford 250, 6.7L Diesel 4X4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added a TPMS system on our trailer last year (then it was a Jayco 22FB but replaced with 2600RB after being totaled in Colorado hail storm) and it was a blessing as it let me know that I had a tire leaking after going through a construction zone on I-80 in western Nebraska. Had picked up a nail from some of the pallets they had laying around in the construction area.

The system I have is Tire Minder

The one thing I will say is that you want to make sure you have heavy duty or maybe even metal valve stems as the extra vibration with "C" rated valve stems will cause false readings.

Bought ours at Camping World last spring. Tire Minder upgraded my system with the new transponder (signal booster).
    Last edited by FireJimCF; 03-25-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Very interesting. I heard of one owner having issues with a leaking metal valve stem. I didn't realize some didn't fit the wheels. I've had two sets placed on two different trailers from Americas Tire Co, and I just asked fo metal valve stems. Here's a pic of what mine look like. No issues so far.
    Steve. Do you have the brand of the valve n stem length. 1 1/2. 2”?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike, Marta & Mack L
    2016 F-350, Diesel, SRW, Lariat, 6.5 bed
    2016 Jayco 26.5 BHS. (Traded didn't need the bunks)
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    B&D Patriot Slider

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote82 View Post
    Steve. Do you have the brand of the valve n stem length. 1 1/2. 2”?!
    Sorry, I don’t. We have our trailer at a lake until end of September, and had to come home for a coupl weeks to move as our house sold quickly. They look like they’re probably 1 3/4”, but that’s a guess. I don’t have a brand. I just asked for metal valve stems and have had no issues.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to have to buy a truck to go with the toy hauler when I retire in a few years. I am looking at getting the Ford trailer TPMS system and rear trailer camera. Anyone here have any experience with that system? I know it may change in a few years. But am wondering what pros and cons would be currently between the Ford system and an aftermarket one.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeRoy View Post
    I am going to have to buy a truck to go with the toy hauler when I retire in a few years. I am looking at getting the Ford trailer TPMS system and rear trailer camera. Anyone here have any experience with that system? I know it may change in a few years. But am wondering what pros and cons would be currently between the Ford system and an aftermarket one.
    You can't view it in motion and the Tpms supposedly only reads up to 110. So essentially neither system is useful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    You can't view it in motion and the Tpms supposedly only reads up to 110. So essentially neither system is useful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I knew about the camera only working in reverse and was ok with that but if the max tire pressure it can read is 110 then it is definitely a no go. Hopefully things will change a bit in a few years because I liked the idea of not having multiple monitors in the cab.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The max COLD pressure (per Ford) is 110 PSI. The system (in my 2017) will read well above that. I saw 130 PSI on my trailer tires earlier this week (typically run 125~128 indicated and match fairly well with my pressure gauge when I checked). One thing I noticed, it appears the TPMS system resets whenever it is reconnected. I have to move the trailer (above 20? MPH) after reconnecting before I can get any pressure readings.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got the EEZtire for the motorhome with a repeater for the Jeep being towed. I got it since I was ordering the system I didn't want to have to go back and add something later. In retrospect the repeater probably wasn't needed after all. Fast forward to now. The Solitude I recently bought came with the EEZtire and 4 sensors. I was parked inside my garage probably 75 feet away from the trailer and the monitor was still picking up the sensors on the trailer.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    The max COLD pressure (per Ford) is 110 PSI. The system (in my 2017) will read well above that. I saw 130 PSI on my trailer tires earlier this week (typically run 125~128 indicated and match fairly well with my pressure gauge when I checked). One thing I noticed, it appears the TPMS system resets whenever it is reconnected. I have to move the trailer (above 20? MPH) after reconnecting before I can get any pressure readings.

Chris
    https://accessories.ford.com/kit-tpms-sensor-11804.html
    Found at the link above that the Ford sensors with the Super Duty accessory kit are now good up to 125 psi cold.

I have 2 Nissan vehicles and both of them do not show pressures until I am traveling around 20 mph or so. Must be common at least for some TPMS systems.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast