I'll do a search. Thanks
    2015 Grand Design 369RL
    2016 Ford F350 Crew 4x4 Short Bed 18k Demco autoslide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you guys feel about the Pullrite Super Glide hitch for short bed trucks http://www.pullrite.com/products/tra...-wheel-hitches

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWITTRO View Post
    How do you guys feel about the Pullrite Super Glide hitch for short bed trucks http://www.pullrite.com/products/tra...-wheel-hitches
    If you do a search using words, superglide, super glide, pullrite, autoslider, auto slider, etc. using these and/or other key words important to you there are several threads covering many aspects for your reading pleasure. With few exceptions I suspect, those of us who have superglides are glad we do and appreciate how well built and engineered they are not to mention the obvious benefit of the autoslide key design element and very little and easy maintenance necessary.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebondj1 View Post
    Hi ya'll. Just wanted to post a couple of pics showing our Solitude with a Demo auto slide for Ford puck system. With all the newbie concerns(like me) over which hitch, I thought I would post my solution to help others. I can see the advantage of having a long bed with a simple B&W hitch but I never envisioned getting a large 5th wheel. Coming from living on a sailboat, I originally thought we would have a airstream After all, an Airstream is just a boat flipped upside down with wheels.
    The wife decided we needed more storage and space than the airstream could provide so here we are. I installed the hitch myself. In fact I also installed the factory puck system. I am a glutton for punishment. The pics show the clearance on a somewhat tight turn and there is more travel yet to go so the Solitude's cab killer corner will clear the cab. The B&W I borrowed to pull the RV home would have destroy my truck if I wasn't careful. We also have a Bak flip cover and 60g aux tank.
    Attachment 7455Attachment 7456Attachment 7457
    LeBondj1. Thanks. I decided the Demco was the way to go and ordered one yesterday for the Ford puck system on my truck. Can you tell me what height position you have the hitch mounted in and how level is the 5th wheel?

Thanks Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put it in the middle position and I think it's level but I didn't have anything loaded in the RV. By the way I have a rotoflex pin box and you need a different set of capture plates or this pin box I found out after I called Demco. Demco #6172. They are around $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Grand Design 369RL
    2016 Ford F350 Crew 4x4 Short Bed 18k Demco autoslide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebondj1 View Post
    I put it in the middle position and I think it's level but I didn't have anything loaded in the RV. By the way I have a rotoflex pin box and you need a different set of capture plates or this pin box I found out after I called Demco. Demco #6172. They are around $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I will probably set mine up in the middle to start and see where that leads me. The Reflections have a basic Lippert 1621 pinbox so no plate is needed.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a Demco in my 2015 Duramax and pulled our Jayco Eagle to Florida back in December. It was excellent-no worries about the cap hitting the cab getting into and out of filling stations. We just traded for a new Momentum 328M a week ago and pulled it 90 miles back to our resort. No problems.
    One thing to keep in mind though so you don't get surprised is that if you stop while turned you will get a little 'jolt' when starting backup whether forward or backing up. Just ease into and it's no issue. Appears to be a little play in the system while turned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a demco in my 2016 Chevy 2500 and pull a 337. I have had no issues with the hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What height setting do you run with your demco.... our 350 is newer body style like yours... our solitude is on order so I’m going to get the demco ready soon trying to prepare as much as I can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Thanks, I will probably set mine up in the middle to start and see where that leads me. The Reflections have a basic Lippert 1621 pinbox so no plate is needed.
    What height setting do you run with your demco.... our 350 is newer body style like yours... our solitude is on order so I’m going to get the demco ready soon trying to prepare as much as I can

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast