Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic thermostat-a/c issue

At times when I set the thermostat the a/c will run until it has cooled to the set temperature. It then will turn off but not come on again when the temperature rises. In order to get it to come on again I have to turn the thermostat completely off for a moment and then turn it back on to cool again.We have a 2017 Reflection 5th wheel 303rls. We took it in, they "fixed it", and it worked for a couple of days then started acting up.
    We leave our 2 great danes in the 5th wheel when we go out, but I can't go and leave them knowing that the air may not come on again . This is so frustrating - we will be in FL in April and I need to be sure the ac in my new 5th wheel will work. ANY help out there?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact GD customer service directly. They may be able to help you. I'm actually surprised Missy has not responded to this post. Here is the info from her signature.

Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9700
    - Or email [email protected]

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced thermostat in bedroom, due to ac would not turn on and fan only on high. Did not fix problem, I then removed the inside panels on the ac, once the panels are removed the thermostat connections to the control box are accessable, turned on ac and moved wires and found bad connections, removed two wing nuts holding control box and lowered to inspect. found the thermostat wires were loose, blue terminal ends were used for the very small wires, redid all terminals with red terminal ends and verified all connections were solid. everything works correctly now. repeated on living area ac

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning Phylavery,

Just in case you haven't checked your private messages, I sent you a private message on 3/24. I asked for your contacted information so I can pass this concern to our regional service managers.

Thanks

Missy
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9249
    - Or email: [email protected]

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*