Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ii have just installed the AP sensors. I do not have enough use to say yay or nay at this point. I do think the level plastic legs to slip on the bottom of the bottle will be easy to lose. I think the magnets are strong enough to hold but I will remove before taking my bottles to be filled. I hope these work. Tired of either running out or taking a bottle in that still has 1-2 gallons in it that I have to pay for since the price is by the bottle. Not always easy to find somebody that sells by the gallon.
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmagnus View Post
    It comes with two sensors.
    I think the magnets are plenty strong, but I had some fabric laying around and put it under the tanks to catch the sensors if they fall off.
    Also, the compartment is open enough on the 303 that i didn't need the little green spacers for the bottom of the tanks.
    We've had these on our 30# tanks since we got the RV. I had to replace the lithium button batteries in the transmitters this spring. It could be that they were on the shelf awhile or maybe they just need annual replacement. The interior unit did not need a battery replacement.

I called the manufacturer before purchasing to see if these would work with the 30# tanks. They said yes. I also didn't need the push-on green feet. I like the idea of a safety net. I wouldn't be happy if one fell off.

As for the display working for 30# tanks, I find that they show full for quite a while then once the display hits ¾ it drops pretty quickly. My guess is the ultrasonic transducers (that detect the liquid level) are timed for the typical 20# grill tank. In other words, they don't use the reflection from the tank top to determine where the F, ¾, ½, and ¼ tank levels should be. That said, they give me enough warning to get them refilled. I really like that I can check them from the comfort of the RV when it's snowing, raining or it's 2am and I'm turning the furnace on.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your input. It was a tough decision but I've decided to order the Dometic level checker as I think it will work best for my usage. Safe travels!
    Smitty and Diana
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #4486
    Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
    2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 w/Cummins 6.7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12