Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire Pressure Monitor

I'm thinking of getting tire pressure monitors for my 337. Any input good or bad, on any brands?
    Thanks,
    Ron
    Ron & Sue
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    2011 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been very happy with my Pressure Pro system. I have had it nearly 7 years and it has performed well. I think there are cheaper ones out there now, lots of folks have purchased the TST TPMS system and been happy with it. I have steered clear of the ones that use a smart phone as a monitor. My smart phone's battery runs down pretty quick. We also use the smart phone to play books on tape while driving.

I had to change the valve stems on my 5th wheel to metal valve stems. The rubber ones kept tearing and leaking.

Dallas

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function on the forum, you will find numerous threads on this topic. We use a TireMinder system and it has served us well - prevent major damage once when we took some rebar through a tire.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had a TST 507 with flow through sensors for about 5 years now and had performed well. Recently the rechargeable battery in the monitor will not hold any charge and it only functions when plugged into 12V outlet. I spoke with customer service at TST about getting the battery replaced and was told that you have to send the unit back to them and (for some unknown reason) they couldn't guarantee that the replacement would function properly. They said that they however have a nifty new system available that they would be happy to sell me. Smells like you know what to me!

I'll continue to use it on 12V power until the sensor batteries need replacing and then replace the system with something else.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This monitor is now on its third trailer. Still going strong.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS
    TV 2017 Nissan Titan XD CC Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +! on the TireMinder and +1 on the suggestion to search prior threads. Much good info there.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tire minder sensors look big, did you have to put metal stems on the wheels?

Dallas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just ordered a GD 307MKS and I want to get it set up right out of the gate. Do you recommend that I have a TPMS installed by the dealer or take the unit to a local tire shop for installation and tire balancing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I have been very happy with my Pressure Pro system. I have had it nearly 7 years and it has performed well.
    We too use an older Pressure Pro system. Originally bought in 2007 for our single axle Trailmanor, we bought 2 more sensors when we graduated to our tandem axle Surveyor in 2008. I just replaced the newest sensors last month because of low batteries. The batteries last about 9 years with continuous operation.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Happy Campers View Post
    I have just ordered a GD 307MKS and I want to get it set up right out of the gate. Do you recommend that I have a TPMS installed by the dealer or take the unit to a local tire shop for installation and tire balancing?
    What type of tpms are you getting? If your getting one that gets mounted inside the tire, then I guess you could use either the dealer or a tire shop. I don't know if dealers do this install. And yes, you should get the tires balanced after the tpms sensor is installed.

If you are purchasing a tpms that just screws on the outside (like most of the members I believe), then you can do that yourself. My model of TST was very easy to program. Then I had the tires balanced with a sensor on the tire during balancing. I have the TST 507 NON-FLOW THROUGH with the booster attached to the trailer, and have been very happy with it.

I also had the metal valve stems installed.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast