Likes Likes:  0

Thread: dvd player

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dvd player

After the first Furrion player did not work, our selling dealer installed a new one at the end of last summer. With the rain this weekend and having the grandkids, we popped in a movie for them to watch. While the movie played, it was in black and white. We tried a different movie only to have the same results. I have checked all connections, pushed all the buttons that I thought would help to no avail. Thoughts from my esteemed colleagues?
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsp8 View Post
    After the first Furrion player did not work, our selling dealer installed a new one at the end of last summer. With the rain this weekend and having the grandkids, we popped in a movie for them to watch. While the movie played, it was in black and white. We tried a different movie only to have the same results. I have checked all connections, pushed all the buttons that I thought would help to no avail. Thoughts from my esteemed colleagues?
    the tv is on the wrong setting. ignore the names they have programmed, the one that produces a color image is the one you rename dvd.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^ Yes, try other inputs.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crxpanda,
    that cured the problem. Thanks for the help.
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome! It's an extremely common issue, unfortunate the dealers don't tell us or even know about it. Google it, you find many users talking about it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TVs have pretty much eliminated the composite connections which have just a single video connection and use the component (RBY cables) connection instead, but have an input setting that tells it to convert component to composite. With the issues I've had with built in DVD players and the fact that half my collection is BluRay, I just bought a small Sony BDP-BX18 player and hook it up with HDMI when I want to watch movies.
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN