User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have your axle seals failed?

Voters
351. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my seals failed and I had grease on the brakes

246 70.09%
  • No, my seals have not failed

48 13.68%
  • I'm not sure

57 16.24%
Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    likes to tow :

I would use a better grease than Durablend (IMO) I would opt for a full syn Amsoil GPOR2 type grease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completed my inspection of the hubs on Jan 17th. Contacted my dealer and was encouraged by the response. All of the backing plate assemblies/seals were changed and all the old grease removed and "red" grease used for packing. Got it back yesterday. Mine were not soaked but were affected as many have indicated but I only have about 1700 miles total (including factory delivery) on this as of yet. I thank the population of this forum for making this issue known and hopefully the manufacturer will make a recall announcement so that those families that own one of these fine rigs that ARE NOT on the forum or facebook can be informed and make the appropriate decisions on how to resolve their problem. It is not a tough business decision considering that safety and REPUTATION are at stake.
    Ted & Marti
    2023 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500, SRW
    Birders & Half-timers

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only good thing about this for folks who aren't privy to this forum is the owner will eventually see grease on their wheels. That will be a clear sign their seals have failed. Hopefully they will connect the dots.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ted , tvhorman . I like the idea of the RED grease. What brand and kind of red grease did you use? I had disk brakes installed on my trailer and the folks used RED grease and said it worked great. I saw your comments and thought I would check and find out what the brand and type grease you used. Thanks Duke !

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    Hi Ted , tvhorman . I like the idea of the RED grease. What brand and kind of red grease did you use? I had disk brakes installed on my trailer and the folks used RED grease and said it worked great. I saw your comments and thought I would check and find out what the brand and type grease you used. Thanks Duke !
    I've been researching grease for bearings the last couple weeks. I'm re-doing my bearings and seals because of grease seeping into the brake area. I've decided on the Amsoil synthetic general purpose hi-temp grease. It's a red grease, and the specs look very good. I also believe this grease is better suited for bearings than the other amsoil offroad offerings.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also been looking. I see the Lucas Brothers red heavy duty grease also has a high drop point.
    Red "N" Tacky Grease

Lucas Red "N" Tacky Grease is a smooth, tacky, red lithium complex grease fortified with rust and oxidation inhibitors. It has good water resistance and washout properties. It has excellent mechanical stability and storage life. It is able to withstand heavy loads for extended periods of time. It can be used in many agricultural, automotive and industrial applications. Lucas Red "N" Tacky Grease is fortified with a high degree of extreme pressure additives that give it a TRUE Timken load much higher than other greases of this type. Its especially good for sliding surfaces and open gears. The drop point is 540 degrees.

Might be an other grease out there but this looks good so far.

Key Benefits
    •Rust and oxidation inhibitors
    •Water resistant
    •Excellent mechanical stability
    •Long storage life
    •Agricultural, automotive and industrial applications

Red "N" Tacky Grease

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pennzoil 707L is recommended on both the Dexter and Lippert web sites. It is red also.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the grease I use,It wont leak and its the best there is ... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GLC.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	6802

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used the Lucas for many years. Good stuff!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    Pennzoil 707L is recommended on both the Dexter and Lippert web sites. It is red also.
    Question; if this is this grease Lippert recommends, then why aren't they using it originally and not the thin stuff. And if it is the grease they are using, then why is it runny...?? Just saying...
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast