Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4ucam backup camera

We received the 4ucam system today. We purchased the quad view monitor with 1 camera. The monitor has a lot of scratches on it.

The box says the camera has 15ft IR night range while the website says 30ft. The model number on the camera is GD9901B and the website says 9901TD.

I called the company. Joe said you are supposed to remove the film on the monitor, and he admits it is very difficult to do so. As for the camera, he said they are the same thing.

Did anybody notice the discrepancy of the camera? Is the website misleading?

Also, I am wondering if this was a return given the condition of the monitor. The film fits perfectly around the screen and if removed, it leaves no protection for the screen. Has anybody else received a monitor with scratches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a case of "Bait and switch"
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Volley,

I bought the same system so we can work thru this together. I also told them my monitor had scratches. Was told the same thing about the film and after I checked I could see some bubbles in it. I had also asked if it could be a return and was told no. I think we must be related. I think it's just a low quality film. How did you get it off? I waited. I plan on taking it to a Zagg store in town that has the Invisible Shield on demand and having protection made for it. Not sure if it will cover it perfectly but anything is better than nothing. I also bought a case to store it in from Amazon. It fits pretty good in it so I will have some protection when not using it. Here is a link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did not notice what the box said but can check tomorrow. I connected it to a power supply in my office to make sure it all worked and the picture was good. I don't get my 2800BH until Saturday so wanted to make sure it worked. Not sure how long before I get it installed.

Are you planning on using their bracket? I bought it so I got the camera with the plug in pigtail but was thinking of mounting the camera to the plate that you take off the Furrion housing and drilling a hole for the cord. Thought that might be a little more protection for the plug.

Greg
    '12 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    Previous ’98 Coleman Mesa
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't take off the film because it appears to be a custom screen protector that is supposed to stay on the screen. And I didn't want the screen left unprotected. I don't know of anywhere around here to get a custom screen protector. It just made me wary that it has so many scratches and that 4ucam dismissed all of my concerns.

The camera we received has 11 IR sensors. I looked on Amazon and the description says 15ft night vision, which I believe to be true. Part of the reason I bought this is because the 4ucam website claims 30ft. 4ucam also dismissed this saying they were the same camera.

When I called the company, he didn't say I couldn't return it. Seems to be a one man operation. Not sure what we are going to do yet. We just picked up the camper a couple of days ago and not sure when we are going to install the camera, but it won't be for a couple of months when it gets warmer.

I like that we can add cameras to the system, including different types of cameras and an extended antenna.

I did purchase the bracket and will probably use it, but not what they supplied for the electrical connections. Probably will use dual wall heat shrink unless the hubby has another idea.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My camera also has 11 sensors which is what the web says. I hadn't even looked for the night distance before buying. Wasn't my main concern. I went for this one because the camera had a pigtail and is supposed to plug right into the Furrion cable.

They are at least a 2 man operation since I've had contact with Joe and Jerry.
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want I can let you know how much to make one at Zagg.
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Much appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time I go to a Web site that says "100 feet Not Problem" I tend to back out and go to Amazon or somewhere else.
    Gary & Mina - Pensacola/Milton, Florida
    2017 GD Solitude 384GK-R, Bamboo, Beige Furniture, Slide Toppers, Gen Prep. Built 12-19-Home 12-26

2017 F 350, Bronze Fire, King Ranch, Dually, Chrome Package, Quad LED Lamps, Adaptive Cruise/CLSN WRN, Adaptive Stirring/Lane Alert,
    BLIS System, Tow Tech Bundle, Power Steps, Dual Alt's, 3.55 Limited Slip, B&W 3300 Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    [SIGPIC]http://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6069&dateline=1482812 176[/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volley11 View Post
    Thanks! Much appreciated
    Just wanted to let you know that I haven't gotten any info on Zagg making the screen protector yet. I went to the kiosk at the mall one day and the guy there didn't know how to log into the on demand machine. He said it was a new one and the boss hadn't finished setting it up yet. I haven't gone back yet.

I did get some very strong shipping tape and put it on the temporary screen protector that came with it. Doing that did allow me to peel it off. I pulled it a bit and could see the screen was in great shape so went ahead and put it back. I did leave my tape on there so now I have a pull tab.

As for mounting, I'm thinking of taking off the plate that is currently on the camper and seeing what it looks like. I will either mount the 4UCam bracket (not their Furrion mount) to the bracket or if I can I may make an aluminum plate to match what comes off and mount the camera to it. I think I would like to keep the Furrion mount currently on the camper there so the plug can be inside. Haven't had a chance since we have had a bunch of rain to check it out and see if my idea will work.

Have you done anything else?
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, we just got back from vacation and haven't done anything since we received it.

Amazon has good reviews for this camera and the company has replied to most of the issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast