Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Guys, I am in the process of installing a wired camera system on my 42' Soiltude 5er. I originally purchased the Furrion camera, which is wireless, and at 35 mph the signal started locking up. At 42 mph there was no connection at all. So I sent it back. Then I purchased a Tadi Brothers wireless camera with a 7" monitor for less than the Furrion. It worked a little better but at 47 mph lost all connection. Tadi Bros sent me different antennas, some with 10' extension wires but their efforts were to no avail. So I decided to go with a wired dual camera setup which Tadi Bros supplied at no charge with a 9" "clamp over" rear view mirror mounted monitor. That's my story.
    Now for the info... Inside the Furrion mount is a hole approximately 1 1/4" in diameter with a 12 volt power wire. My wires were both blue in color and powered all the time with the Furrion connector attached. don't forget to mark the wires before you cut off the connector. When I decided to put a switch I found the hot wire changed to red somewhere between here and there and is mounted on the 12v bar with a fused wire near the battery.
    I wish I could post photos but I haven't figured that out yet.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you guys putting these big monitors where they don't block your view of the road? I like the big monitor on the 4Ucam as compared to the furrion but not sure where I can put it.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Where are you guys putting these big monitors where they don't block your view of the road? I like the big monitor on the 4Ucam as compared to the furrion but not sure where I can put it.
    Well you can learn from my mistakes. [emoji2] I don't like window suction cups so didn't want to do that. Bought a weighted base and was going to put it on my dash but then worried about it sliding off and blocking my vision. Found a mount that goes in the CD slot and thought that would work. It did block a cup holder in my F150 but was going to make it work. I did have to add a piece of aluminum to the back of the monitor so the mount had something to grip. It was designed for tablets.

So on a long spring break trip I was using it. All was good at first. Then it came out of the CD slot and buttons for my display on my dash went flying. So I decided that wasn't going to work.

I had some Gear Ties with me so I decided to use part of that holder and hang it from the rear view mirror. That's where I wanted it anyway. Put it up there and all was going. Until we got to some rough roads. The part holding the aluminum was spring so it could adjust. The rough road made the bottom come out.

At our next stop I added some wire ties to connect the mount to the plate. Hung it again and all was good. It did still bounce so I added another Gear Tie to the bottom. That made it rock solid. So that's where I'm keeping it. I'm used to looking there anyway. I did buy some longer Gear Ties so I can attach the bottom better. What I had was just a little short. We go camping next weekend so I can take some pictures of my set up if you want.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    '12 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    Previous ’98 Coleman Mesa
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pics would be great, thanks.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RAM Mounts makes several different really robust mounting systems for GPS displays and similar devices.
    http://www.rammount.com/device/gps-mounts

On my F150, I used one of these mounts attached to the "tray" on top of the dash and brought the wiring down though the dash so wiring is hidden. It has held my Garmin 760 for many miles without a problem.
    If I ever want to remove this mount, a new rubber mat for the tray will cover the mounting holes.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0508.jpg   IMG_0510.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Pics would be great, thanks.
    I didn't forget about the pictures. We aborted our trip that weekend. I did just get the camper to bring it in for the slide recall and took some. I really like it there.

’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CamperDude View Post
    I didn't forget about the pictures. We aborted our trip that weekend. I did just get the camper to bring it in for the slide recall and took some. I really like it there.

Are the 4ucams rated for full time monitoring or just occasional back up use? Thanks for the pics. That is a big monitor. Saw the Furrion last weekend and it is a very small monitor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full time

’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the wireless 4ucam on the back of our TT last year and have used it on a number of trips. Mounted it on the top rear in place of the center running light and leave it on all the time while driving. Gives a great view of the road behind me and who is there. The signal would drop quite often so I purchased the antennae extension cable and mounted the antennae on the front cowling of our AC unit. Reception was much more consistent but it will sometimes drop out or freeze for a few seconds. Will go for hours with no issue then drop out for a bit, then be OK for a long period. I found that if I point the monitor antennae to the right, horizontal and parallel to the front of the monitor it is much more reliable. No idea why. On mine green foliage is pink in color. I traded emails with them and they stated that was normal since the cameras do not have an IR filter on them. No big deal really so let it go. A green shirt or car will show up green but not plants and trees. Odd. I purchased the 4 camera monitor and two cameras. Mine does not have the green/yellow/red indicators on the display. Perhaps that is a newer model than mine. We're upgrading to a FW this week which comes with a rear camera so will have to find another use for the 4ucam system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12