Recent Blogs Posts

1. Timer for front lED lights

I would like to remove the switch in the slide pass through for the front noise led lights and put a 12 volt programmable timer in. Grand Design was thinking with this switch location, you have to walk around trailer to put light on or off. Has any one done this?
    Tags: 12volt timer
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Filiform Corrosion on Lions Head Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by MWL001 View Post
    I was in the process of airing my tires up on my 337 after several months in storage and noticed that I had filiform corrosion on all four of my Lions Head aluminum wheels. (See the attached photo.) The unit is less than 10 months old, but it seems the clear coat finish is failing. Has anyone else had this issue and were you successful in getting warranty replacements? If so, did you file a claim directly with Grand Design, Lions Head, or your RV dealer? Thanks for the help.

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  3. Vegas Rally attendance

Tucson Jim will you be going to the Vegas Rally? I always enjoy your postings and would like to meet you if you’re there.
    Rick
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issue

I'm starting this blog post to document all the reported tire rubbing issues on the 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH's (and possibly earlier models). These trailers came with the Dexter 3500 Axles and springs.

GD switched out the axles for 4400 in the next model year but as has been posted the weight difference from factory between a sample unit was only 48 pounds.

NOTE: This is a serious safety issue and anyone with a 2800BH should double check their spring arc and underfloor ...

Updated 01-29-2019 at 10:31 AM by Thorvald

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. axle alignment and tire wear

I have a 2017 Reflection 337RLS with less than 4 thousand miles on it. The front right tire (passenger side) the outer edge/tread has worn down significantly. The other three tires look like new. I've gone to several alignment shops and I'm getting conflicting advice. Some are saying that the axle is bent and cannot be heated and re-bent because the metal has memory and it will revert back to the bent shape shortly there after. One of the shops stated that Dexter axle make the claim that their ...
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.