All Blog Entries

1. Gas mileage for new ford 7.3 liter engine pulling 5th wheel

I am thinking of getting a Ford gas engine with 7.3 Liter 10 speed transmission (either 250 or 350) to pull my 2021 Reflection 303RLS. I wanted to stay with gas instead of diesel if it is economical. I know diesel gets better gas mileage, but this new 7.3 has some potential! Does anyone have some experience with Ford's new Godzilla engine?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hydraulic solutioning

We're in a 5er with 6 point hydraulic jacks and three hydraulic slides (one electric slide) and we encountered a puzzling situation where our jacks would always retract when we pulled in the hydraulic slides, sometimes a little, mostly fully retract. Then the mid and back jacks stopped moving at all unless manually manipulated. Hydraulic fluid was at the appropriate level. Then the 5er would not really auto-level at all. All voltages good and no shorts detected. Many hours on customer support calls ...

Updated 05-15-2021 at 09:15 PM by CaptPicardo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Two Parks in Kentucky: Georgetown and Louisville South KOA

I'm going to try to capture notes for two parks in Kentucky in one post...mostly coz I'm lazy.

Georgetown - Whispering Hills: Only here 1 week
    Summary: This is mostly a gravel parking lot with hook-ups. There are some pretty decent spots if you are a travel-trailer but even then it get's packed on weekends and can be challenging to navigate with big rig.
    Pros:
    - The young people that checked us in (ages 14-16 I'm guessing) were quite friendly and helpful (but ...

Updated 05-15-2021 at 08:56 PM by CaptPicardo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Awesome remote park with great wifi and ultimate hosts: Lynchburg/Blue Ridge KOA

Beautiful park in the woods, but only 20 mins to Food Lion, Walmart, Advanced Auto. Hosts and staff are amazing, very friendly and the most engaged we’ve ever seen and service is top-notch - they deliver packages, mail, wood, propane and even RV materials when I changed out my hot water anode! They installed more Wifi antennas around the park and I was able to get 27Mbps download and 4 Mbps fairly consistently – which is top speed for any park thus far across the country. There are plenty of activities ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. VA Beach HoLiday Travel Park

Quick Review of Holiday Trav-L-Park in Virginia Beach. I'll post the official review on Campgroundreviews.com but capturing a few key data points here:

Pros:
    - Big park, wait that's also a con, but there are so many sites to select from here.
    - Our site was nice, with a patio, fire pit and almost enough room for our Tow Vehicle
    - Awesome bike riding park, perhaps our favorite, you can literally get lost in the park plus there's plenty of external awesome bike ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.