Bzargo

Letís go camping

Rate this Entry
Laurie & I have been camping for a long time. For over 30 years itís been, ďLetís go camping!Ē and off to the river weíd go (Peace River FL.) We would plan the menu, pack the coolers, get our gear together (either hot or cold weather, we were prepared), grab the dog(s) and off we went. Sometimes for a long weekend or sometimes for as long as two weeks, we would float the river and camp on its banks with family & friends. What a blast! Great memories were made by all who braved the many adventures, mosquitoes, gators, snakes, and spiders. Did I say mosquitoes?

Then we purchased a new 2012 Rockwood pop-up camper. Off we went. First trip we traveled from the FL Keys up the East Coast to New Brunswick, Canada and back. The next it was six weeks out west to the Rockies, Yellowstone, The Bad Lands...and more. Over the next few years we had many trips, more great times, and wonderful memories were made. Some called us sell-outs. Itís NOT real camping, theyíd say, unless youíre sleeping in a tent! But weíd already paid plenty of those dues and were really enjoying the camper life now.

This brings us to present time. Several months ago, we decided to kick it up another level. Traded in our pop-up for the Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS. We ordered it in mid-November. They said we should get it by late December, but it was ready 2 weeks early! OK, guess we need a BIGGER TRUCK. Ordered a 2018 F-350 diesel SRW with an eight-foot bed. But, it will not be here until the end of January.

So here we are starting the new year living here in sunny SoFLo. The camper is waiting for us, and we are waiting for our truck. All these new toys, but I canít play with them! EHHHH!! The good news is we are here in sunny SoFlo enjoying the warm weather.

First big trip planned is Utah in the spring.

Bye for now, safe travels and stay warm.

P.S., any Geocachers in our new Grand Design family?
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments