User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nautilus P1 - Another Look

While trying to understand Nukeboyt's presentation I ended up making a few modifications to try and understand how the Nautilus P1 works. What I've done is probably wrong--I'm not an engineer--but I understand "flow" in context of current (electricity) so in concept it should be right even if the exact hardware configuration is off.

A couple of notes:
    1) The yellow arrows are one-way valves. I couldn't figure out a configuration without using these valves. If the pump acts as a one-way valve the bottom of the two isn't necessary (I wasn't sure).
    2) The water heater's input and output is "upside down" from how it really works. For diagram purposes it was cleaner doing it the way it is drawn.
    3) Only water that is flowing is drawn.
    4) If it is not obvious, the white line in the "X" of a lever is a break, or wall, that separates the valve internally. With the exception of the black valve, water flows 90 degrees out of a valve from the source (if at all).
    5) I could not have created these without Nukeboyt's foundational work. How we've drawn the "schematic" is different, but he should get credit for his original work.

Special note: If you study the DRY CAMPING diagram closely--assuming what I have is accurate--why isn't the blue valve pointing left (as it is in the WINTERIZE setting)? If the blue valve was in the WINTERIZE position the top one-way valve I added isn't required on the drawing. If the pump is in effect a one-way valve then neither of the valves is needed on the drawing. This drove me almost crazy trying to figure it out!

This is what happens when the internet is down and it is raining outside...too much time on my hands.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well done! For the sake of us here on the forum, I hope the internet is down more often!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @howson, that makes the Nautilus system clearer for this newby non-engineer too.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2017 Solitude 384GK
    2012 F350 Lariat
    Pullrite Superglide 18K

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this.this is my first post! We are waiting to pick up a new 337, and your diagrams are helpful in understanding the flow. I do have a question: In the sanitize mode, it appears that only the fresh water tank is sanitized. Don't the lines to the fixtures also need to be sanitized?the antifreeze has been setting in those lines. Should one also turn the green valve be up (open) to allow the water pump to fixtures? Or does one sanitize the fixtures by using the 'winterize'setting? It seems to me that both the tank has to be sanitized as well as the fixtures, and that may be 2 separate procedures

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C&G+Max View Post
    Thanks for this.this is my first post! We are waiting to pick up a new 337, and your diagrams are helpful in understanding the flow. I do have a question: In the sanitize mode, it appears that only the fresh water tank is sanitized. Don't the lines to the fixtures also need to be sanitized?the antifreeze has been setting in those lines. Should one also turn the green valve be up (open) to allow the water pump to fixtures? Or does one sanitize the fixtures by using the 'winterize'setting? It seems to me that both the tank has to be sanitized as well as the fixtures, and that may be 2 separate procedures
    Welcome to the forum! You'll have to go to our "Off Topic" area and tell us the genesis of that forum name.

With regards to your question my answer is...I don't know. I haven't (gasp) sanitized my rig yet. Still on the "To Do" list.

I'll throw out a guess, though. The Sanitizing position gets the fluid into your fresh water tank. I'd then change over to the "Dry Camping" mode (while bypassing the hot water tank?), running the fluid through the pump and lines in the rig by opening all the faucets and running the shower.

I'm sure there's something in the manual on how to do it...haven't read that part yet.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job! Having said that, the Nautilus just like the Kantleak system, is a needlessly overly complicated solution to providing water to a faucet. Prior to these “advanced” and expensive water delivery panels, water was effortlessly and reliably delivered to faucets, FW tank and HW heaters with a few old school(but dependable) 3 way valves.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright - great post BUT ... now I'm just totally confused (that's OK - been that way most of my life).

The only thing I can add is that this is my first Nautilus system and I absolutely LOVE it. It just beats the pants off of Anderson valve systems. 'nuff said.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Great job! Having said that, the Nautilus just like the Kantleak system, is a needlessly overly complicated solution to providing water to a faucet. Prior to these “advanced” and expensive water delivery panels, water was effortlessly and reliably delivered to faucets, FW tank and HW heaters with a few old school(but dependable) 3 way valves.
    What’s complicated? Look at the picture and set the color coded valves in the position indicated. After having to change several Anderson 3 Ways, this is much simpler. Used it at multiple campgrounds over a six week period then used it to winterize. For me at least , much simpler all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good One, take a gander behind that panel observe the labyrinth of pipe and fittings that seemingly connect back into themselves with a combination of PEX and soft tubing running in every direction.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast