User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bill Martin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slauretani,
    Your quoted post of Tucson Jim was actually posted 4/19/2018 . Almost a year ago. Just didn't want anyone who tuned into this thread too get overly excited thinking that Tom or Emily were on recently.
    Thanks for understanding.
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE
    [/COLOR]https://www.rvbusiness.com/blog/jayco-inc-promotes-bill-martin-to-vp-of-marketing.html[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly was quietly informed by the GD tour guide last August that he had Joined Jayco when I asked last august on the factory tour. I agreed to not say anything online , and also felt it was his decision if/when he wanted to go public. He has been there for quite a while.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be interesting to hear the backstory on Bill's leaving of GD. He was a great asset as far a customer relations go. Now being associated with Thor...well lets just say Thor needs a Bill Martin, big time !

It's pretty evident GD is not planning on being active here at all. From what I see, olive branches have been extended by admins here and ignored.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE

It's pretty evident GD is not planning on being active here at all. From what I see, olive branches have been extended by admins here and ignored.[/QUOTE]

Agreed- its really too bad. I suspect they dont have alot of choice to not interact with other platforms (facebook) with 30k+ members and how fast things go viral there. I have always found our forum to be much more knowledgeable/technical and when questions or concerns arise here they are supported by facts/good information. I sometimes think our members know more about their respective rigs than the manufacturer.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just to let you all know, I'm going to Indiana at the end of next month for a meeting with GDRV. I will certainly broach the subject of forum support (or lack of) and get their thoughts which I'll share with you all.

Jim

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwktlg8 View Post

It's pretty evident GD is not planning on being active here at all. From what I see, olive branches have been extended by admins here and ignored.

Agreed- its really too bad. I suspect they dont have alot of choice to not interact with other platforms (facebook) with 30k+ members and how fast things go viral there. I have always found our forum to be much more knowledgeable/technical and when questions or concerns arise here they are supported by facts/good information. I sometimes think our members know more about their respective rigs than the manufacturer.
    And that’s the key. While people here are much more informed - and thus able to be more critical of GDRV - this forum doesn’t “move the needle” so they can blow us off.

Facebook on the other hand can’t be ignored - and in fact can be “useful idiots” for GDRV - so their participation is mandatory.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Just to let you all know, I'm going to Indiana at the end of next month for a meeting with GDRV. I will certainly broach the subject of forum support (or lack of) and get their thoughts which I'll share with you all.

Jim
    I would ask why they (GD) feel the need to be be active on FB GD pages yet do not feel that they need to participate here. I just saw on two of the FB GD pages tonight that Emily announced to all that she was going on vacation but would still check in from time to time. Yet no one from GD can even be bothered to respond to a polite request to participate here much less offer advice to problems and issues raised by our membership. Talk about the red headed step-child....
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks - the issue of GDRV not participating on the forum the last several months has been addressed in a couple other threads by Andy the new forum owner. The Winnebago legal team is conducting a review of the use of proprietary information and other items. Andy's legal is working with them as I suspect others affected may be as well.

While we all would like to learn more and get this resolved to get GDRV back on the forum again (and they do wish to be here as has been shared previously) a gag order is in play as is typically done during the legal review process.

Now back to Bill Martin whom I and many others have communicated with many times over the years. He had an opportunity to make a move as happens all the time in the business world and made the move. The sky is falling talk at GDRV could not be farther from the truth as the reason for his moving on.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Folks - the issue of GDRV not participating on the forum the last several months has been addressed in a couple other threads by Andy the new forum owner. The Winnebago legal team is conducting a review of the use of proprietary information and other items. Andy's legal is working with them as I suspect others affected may be as well.

While we all would like to learn more and get this resolved to get GDRV back on the forum again (and they do wish to be here as has been shared previously) a gag order is in play as is typically done during the legal review process.

Dan
    Good morning Dan,

I keep seeing this legal disclaimer being one of the reasons that they are currently not participating on this forum. I just don’t understand why they can participate on Facebook, but not here. Communicating with customers is communicating with customers. Something else may be afoot.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Good morning Dan,

I keep seeing this legal disclaimer being one of the reasons that they are currently not participating on this forum. I just don’t understand why they can participate on Facebook, but not here. Communicating with customers is communicating with customers. Something else may be afoot.
    Steve - there usually is more to the story and you, I, and others are certainly aware of this as a possibility in the real world of business. The FB site is theirs so they can control what they can. This forum is not owned by them and have essentially no control. This applies to not only to content in the posts/threads but to pictures, use of logos, confusion with users, etc.

These days with some folks all to trigger happy to sue and the potential significant damage to the enterprise with lawsuits and other activities.....protecting intellectual property along with everything else cannot be understated.

Having had significant financial and operational involvement in a couple LLCs in the commercial real estate sector, I can appreciate the legal review process although I never liked it for not just the costs but the distraction on building the business.

I will stay optimistic but that is just me even during the darkest of times.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 03-28-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast