User Tag List

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys better bring a cat with you if you have Coyote problems .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88eHXSKMl1c

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. No. Having seen one of our cats carried off in a coyote's mouth I can state that is not a reliable method.

OTOH, sometimes being clueless about animals is a good thing ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpQuXRbdx8
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see the video of Gracie chasing Florida gators, Rob.......now that's awesome !

Sorry, Keith.....you know how things get off the rails at times !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first time at this Mega RV happening.

I have been looking at the Renogy 100 watt portable RV solar kit to charge up my batteries, around $390 with 20' of cable online.

Has anyone seen this kit or similar at the RV show and if so any advantage to purchasing there versus online? Looking for a suitcase model that I can put up on the roof.

Happy New Year

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiMan1776 View Post

I have been looking at the Renogy 100 watt portable RV solar kit to charge up my batteries, around $390 with 20' of cable online.

Has anyone seen this kit or similar at the RV show and if so any advantage to purchasing there versus online? Looking for a suitcase model that I can put up on the roof.

Happy New Year
    100 watts isn't going to do much for you I'm afraid.
    Course it depends on how many aH you have total, and how far down you're using them.
    But there are a ton of threads on this already.
    100w is basically a trickle charger to keep them topped off, when not being used or if you're
    only using very low draw equipment like LED lights and not draining your batteries very much at all.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy New Year
    I would suggest that since you're going to be in Quartzsite anyway, stop by Solar Bill's on Main Street and discuss with him what your needs are/are going to be and find out what he suggests or recommends. He is about the most knowledgeable regarding solar that I know of and is very well respected among RVers. He's got videos out but here's a link to his web page..... http://solarbill.com/
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    100 watts isn't going to do much for you I'm afraid.
    Course it depends on how many aH you have total, and how far down you're using them.
    100w is basically a trickle charger to keep them topped off, when not being used or if you're
    only using very low draw equipment like LED lights and not draining your batteries very much at all.
    we've been 2 weeks with our 100 watt panel with no problems. When camping we don't spend much time in the camper. Were either out running around or sitting around outside with a fire or just sitting outside. No TV or other electric devices. We have a peculator for our coffee that gets made over the fire or gas grill. So no we don't use a lot of things that will kill the battery but we do enjoy ourselves a lot outside.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand 100 watts isn't going to do much for you I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    we've been 2 weeks with our 100 watt panel with no problems.
    When camping we don't spend much time in the camper. Were either out running around or sitting
    around outside with a fire or just sitting outside. No TV or other electric devices. We have a peculator
    for our coffee that gets made over the fire or gas grill. So no we don't use a lot of things
    that will kill the battery but we do enjoy ourselves a lot outside.

Which is pretty much what I said above. You don't need more than that 100 watt panel because you're not really even using the batteries.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy New Year
    I guess you can see it depends on how much you depend on your batteries. One usage many people over look is the 12 volt fan on your furnace. It uses more AH than most people realize if the wife likes to stay toasty. It also depends on where you camp, how sunny and how cold it gets. We'd be glad to help but might need a little more information.

I'm sure somebody can report on the AH of the furnace off the top of their head.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 210 people registered for the Quartzsite Rally, a few more than the 150 we planned for. We've had a number of folks who had to drop out, so we're just under 200 who plan to attend. For those who didn't notice the dozens of posts about the rally over the last seven months, I'm sorry and we'll try to be louder next year. While the desert is plenty big, we don't have food, prizes, support, etc. for more people.

If you just got your rig or just got online and really want to come, send me an email ([email protected]) and if I can swap you for someone who can't make it, I will. If you're just stopping by to visit friends for a couple of hours, it's public land and we don't have a gate. If you're really trying to attend the rally, but want to avoid paying 50 bucks, you should wear a bag over your head, it's not really fair to everyone else.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast