User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may have thought you had a plan!

My wife and I have been looking for quite some time for either a 5th Wheel or a Class A......I would flip weekly between them both. Plus we were just looking and not ready to buy for a few more years until retirement. In my mind the only way we were getting into a class a is if we sold our home and went full time.......we discussed a lot but never made a decision to actually do it so that would swing me back to a fiver. Because we looked at many class a mh we knew for sure we wanted the dinette and bedroom slide to be on the patio side......more for privacy than anything else. If you have ever looked for a fiver with that criteria you know how difficult that is to find. That is until we came across the Solitude S Class 2930RL. With the dinette slide being on the Patio side and the bed not in a slide at all it fit the bill and for being under 35 foot it was quite amazing how many boxes it did check along with many out of the norm features. There was only one thing left to do, find one and walk through it. I can’t tell you how many times we found something we thought we would like only to be disappointed when we walked through it. So we found one 50 miles away and went for a afternoon drive....mind you we were going to look....see if we liked and then discuss with a salesman how much if we ordered it with a King bed that my wife was very firm on and a few goodies that I wanted, all in the name of research and planning so we knew what direction we were going in when we retired.........NOT!!! We never made it out of the camper before we realized we were hooked.....all of a sudden the King bed was not a absolute and I really could live without all the goodies that I wanted. Oh....and you know that wait for retirement thing? It totally got thrown out the window! After 43 years of marriage I can count on one had how many times we completely agreed on something and this was one of those times....we are now the proud owners of a Grand Design Fifth Wheel and can not wait to take possession!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, congrats!
    Trailer: 2019 Solitude S-Class 3740BH
    Old trailer: 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 27DBHS (Sold)
    Old trailer: 2010 Heartland Sundance 3300RLB (always leaked, then rotted! Layout was good, but build was junk.)
    Old trailer: 1992 Prowler 5th 27.5N

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie Aisin
    Old truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie 68RFE
    Old truck: 2003 Ram 3500 Cummins QuadCab 4x4 SRW Laramie 6spd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dreamer1, those are the best decisions, ones made that you feel so passionately about. You will not have any regrets and make lots of memories in your new fiver! Enjoy!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats from Wv
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer1 View Post
    My wife and I have been looking for quite some time for either a 5th Wheel or a Class A......I would flip weekly between them both. Plus we were just looking and not ready to buy for a few more years until retirement. In my mind the only way we were getting into a class a is if we sold our home and went full time.......we discussed a lot but never made a decision to actually do it so that would swing me back to a fiver. Because we looked at many class a mh we knew for sure we wanted the dinette and bedroom slide to be on the patio side......more for privacy than anything else. If you have ever looked for a fiver with that criteria you know how difficult that is to find. That is until we came across the Solitude S Class 2930RL. With the dinette slide being on the Patio side and the bed not in a slide at all it fit the bill and for being under 35 foot it was quite amazing how many boxes it did check along with many out of the norm features. There was only one thing left to do, find one and walk through it. I can’t tell you how many times we found something we thought we would like only to be disappointed when we walked through it. So we found one 50 miles away and went for a afternoon drive....mind you we were going to look....see if we liked and then discuss with a salesman how much if we ordered it with a King bed that my wife was very firm on and a few goodies that I wanted, all in the name of research and planning so we knew what direction we were going in when we retired.........NOT!!! We never made it out of the camper before we realized we were hooked.....all of a sudden the King bed was not a absolute and I really could live without all the goodies that I wanted. Oh....and you know that wait for retirement thing? It totally got thrown out the window! After 43 years of marriage I can count on one had how many times we completely agreed on something and this was one of those times....we are now the proud owners of a Grand Design Fifth Wheel and can not wait to take possession!
    Congrats! As I read your story I could tell where it was headed.

Be sure to check out the Pre-Delivery Checklists in the Reference Library. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats , we really like the 2930 as well.
    Its great when you go to look at something and you look at each other and smile, knowing this is what you both want.
    Enjoy and will be watching for your upcoming reports.

Brian

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! We have spent a few hours checking out the 2930. It is at the top of our list. IMHO it has a near perfect floor plan, at least for us.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 303 (and 337) are about the last of the original floorplans, and they remain very, very popular to this day.

Sometimes there's just not changing something that doesn't need change.

Congratulations on your new fiver. We've had a Reflection fifth wheel for 5 years, and it's given us great service.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the great write up and congratulations!

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Congrats! As I read your story I could tell where it was headed.

Be sure to check out the Pre-Delivery Checklists in the Reference Library. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

-Howard
    Howard:
    Where is the reference library?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast