User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reflection 367MBS would do the same thing for you.

There is a new Heartland has a new line of 5th's out called Milestone. They have a 377MB that is the first bath and 1/2 mid-bunk I have seen. Weights are comparable or a bit less than the Reflection 367.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also look at the Reflection 367BHS. That office room already has a desk in it. This unit is heavier and may not work for you.

The Reflection 31MB would need you to remove the bunks and install a desk. This would take a little effort on your part, but you could make it the way you want. Just offering you some options.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^Steve and I are thinking alike.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What fifth wheel should we get?

Quote Originally Posted by kaesyandtombutler View Post
    Thank you guys. To be honest, I wouldn’t want to go negative equity on my truck just to get into a toy hauler. Thankfully my wife isn’t high maintenance as far as bells and whistles go, she’s more into being outdoors, but she does require a good size office space. We will keep searching, and I will post a picture of the labels so I can get all your feedback. Appreciate all the help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you need the smallest and lightest 5th wheel Grand Design makes, the 220RK. They just discontinued this model but there’s plenty for sale still. It’s under 27’ long and 9k lbs fully loaded. One reason we chose it is the lack of bells and whistles like hydraulic leveling which I see a lot of people having trouble with. Also, desks are over rated. We both work from our trailer and live in it full time and don’t even have a table. We work from the couch or sit outside in big comfy chairs with our laptops. The biggest reason we got this tiny 5er is it’s maneuverability; we like camping off road in remote places!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 12-31-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Sounds like you need the smallest and lightest 5th wheel Grand Design makes, the 220RK. They just discontinued this model but there’s plenty for sale still. It’s under 27’ long and 9k lbs fully loaded. One reason we chose it is the lack of bells and whistles like hydraulic leveling which I see a lot of people having trouble with. Also, desks are over rated. We both work from our trailer and live in it full time and don’t even have a table. We work from the couch or sit outside in big comfy chairs with our laptops. The biggest reason we got this tiny 5er is it’s maneuverability; we like camping off road in remote places!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How lucky you guys are to have that opportunity! We hope to after this next duty station. For the meantime we need an actual office space as my wife has a vinyl business which involves a few different machines and a large heat press. The kitchen table or a desk just won’t work, which is why we will need a bunkhouse that has the capability of removing the bunks without damage.
    Anything like that exist?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaesyandtombutler View Post
    How lucky you guys are to have that opportunity! We hope to after this next duty station. For the meantime we need an actual office space as my wife has a vinyl business which involves a few different machines and a large heat press. The kitchen table or a desk just won’t work, which is why we will need a bunkhouse that has the capability of removing the bunks without damage.
    Anything like that exist?

I wonder if you could special order a bunkhouse from Grand Design without the bunks, closets, or anything else in that space. I doubt it, but if they'd do it you'd have a clean finished room ready for your wife.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would buy something close and remodel it to your liking. Unless you get carried away I would not worry about keeping it perfect, the amount of money lost after purchase and if you will keep it for as long as you can it would be better in the long run and your wife would be happy. Trying to find and RV that has everything the way you want it is about like winning the lottery.

Brian

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a 17 Ram 3500 SRW and also wondered what I could tow. I decided that the Solitude 310GK or 344GK (344 if carefully loaded) would work and keep me within limits. My truck payload is 4207# and LWB.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have the 28BH - you could have grand design build your rig - could just NOT put the bunk beds in the back - leave open and build out her "office" - your 3500 should be able to pull that rig just fine. In our 28BH, we took out the BH and just have a second bedroom for guests.

it works just great!!

good luck and keep looking and get what you want.

PS: keep the generator (just saying)
    PPS: I have no use for the WD (rather have the storage). most places we stay, the laundry areas are amazingly clean and great way to meet others. (just saying)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think the 311 BHS would work for you. You could remove the 6' J bed and the fold down bunk above it and have room for a desk. There is also a good size bunk at about shoulder level on the other side and a lower bunk that could be removed for the vinyl printer. The bunks could easily be reinstalled when you're ready to sell it or trade.

I have a 323BHS unit without the 1/2 bath, and we sleep 5 in the bunkhouse often. I use it as my man-cave television room.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast