User Tag List

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hams View Post
    Here are some front underbelly pictures - Solitude 310 mfg Oct 2018 which has not been anywhere other than to the dealer and our storage lot (still waiting for truck ordered in Sep) and is winterized. We did not find the mystery source of water in the basement, either condensation of something we put in there.
    Hi Dave & Kay,

Some things never change . . . I still see lots of soft hose in the "rat's nest weave". At least, you have a lot more space (compared to the 303) if you need to work on things! Thanks for posting the reference pictures.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man this is depressing to see. We're about to order a 367 and we don't have the room to store it at the house, so i can't easily work on things like this. Hopefully we don't have any issues with our underbelly until i have a place i work on it.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    man this is depressing to see. We're about to order a 367 and we don't have the room to store it at the house, so i can't easily work on things like this. Hopefully we don't have any issues with our underbelly until i have a place i work on it.
    You will have the same mess with any other manufacturer; the difference is the excellent customer service you will receive from GD if needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In doing some wiring inside the basement was going to run some stranded wire from AC/DC panel to an ATS.
    Wanted a flexible conduit, remember using some Hubbell ultra flexible liquid tight years ago.
    http://ecatalog.hubbell-wiring.com/p...inal_H5094.pdf
    UL listed so I can use at the house also if I need. Probably for some truck cables also.
    It's much tougher than wire loom and more flexible than the liquid-tight at the stores.
    Bought more than I need, but will have for projects.
    Zoro had 100' rolls and McMaster-Carr some twist-on fittings https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-electrical-conduit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2991.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	16977
    Last edited by gbkims; 12-28-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    You will have the same mess with any other manufacturer; the difference is the excellent customer service you will receive from GD if needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    yes, i understand it, but it doesn't change the fact it sucks to see

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    In doing some wiring inside the basement was going to run some stranded wire from AC/DC panel to an ATS.
    Wanted a flexible conduit, remember using some Hubbell ultra flexible liquid tight years ago.
    http://ecatalog.hubbell-wiring.com/p...inal_H5094.pdf
    UL listed so I can use at the house also if I need. Probably for some truck cables also.
    It's much tougher than wire loom and more flexible than the liquid-tight at the stores.
    Bought more than I need, but will have for projects.
    Zoro had 100' rolls and McMaster-Carr some twist-on fittings https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-electrical-conduit
    Well Gene . . . now you’ve gone and raised the bar yet another notch .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the find and all the good info in correcting this latest mess. This spring, I'll begin to tidy up the wiring.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a slightly different take on this topic. Like all you, when we took delivery of our 2019 fully decked out 310 (paint, generator, etc.), me and my OCD were perplexed, to say the least, at what we saw behind the basement wall (the plumbing and wiring EVERYWHERE ... like a giant plate of construction spaghetti). But, in reading these comments, and having done a little tinkering in the basement area (learning where things went, contemplating installation of hardwired EMS, etc.), I think this "mess" might not be such a bad thing, as it allows me to grab individual wires, pipes, etc., and follow where they go, tug on them, etc. Its a damn mess under there, no doubt about it and, sure, I could get in there and make it all neat (so that no one would ever see it or appreciate it). Not saying GD couldn't make it neater ... they could, and call me crazy, but it may be chaos with an ultimately not so bad purpose.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've posted these pics before, but thought it was relevant to share them here also. The 7-way connector and +12V connections on my '17 Reflection 297 RSTS TT was wired just as poorly as what you see behind any of the panels. It would not take a manufacturer more than a few minutes to wire these areas in a more acceptable fashion.

+12V Connections Before

+12V Connections After

7-Way Connections Before

7-Way Connections After

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbrowning View Post
    (the plumbing and wiring EVERYWHERE ... like a giant plate of construction spaghetti).
    Jack - The biggest concern with the "construction spaghetti" (I like your term for this ) is the opportunity for wear-through and chafing as the RV bounces down the road. While I can see your point about all loose wiring and hoses making tracing an individual line easier, where these lines are working away on sharp edges or dragging on moving slide mechanisms, etc, is a recipe for problems to come.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast