User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Hello from Sunny FLorida, Lazy Days got me at the tampa show 307MKS

After looking at everything from c class, a class came back to the 5th wheel as it makes the most sense for me at this time, TJ was great answering all my questions and having tec rep live in my home area a plus for me bad for him lol, Lazy Days is always great bought my A class from them

but the 307MKS floor plan for me and the wife to slide around the national parks and etc while the kids are out of the house Thanks to all the great post on here we are excited to become one of the GD family. Now to see if the 12/16 build has grease on the brakes before we accept it. Love the heavy axles and 3000 load got my outdoor kitchen to boot

Anyone get down to Plant City, Fl give me a shout we about 40 miles from Tampa
    Last edited by huntingbigun; 01-29-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make them pull all 4 wheels and repack them with nice thick high temp lithium wheel bearing grease as part of the deal. It doesn't cost the dealer a lot to do this. In talking to my dealer in prep of a purchase I asked about the grease issue and he didn't bat an eye and offered to write the change on the order....
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Make them pull all 4 wheels and repack them with nice thick high temp lithium wheel bearing grease as part of the deal. It doesn't cost the dealer a lot to do this. In talking to my dealer in prep of a purchase I asked about the grease issue and he didn't bat an eye and offered to write the change on the order....
    Got that one my list as well as the dreaded where is the power wire for rear camera being a aviation mechanic some call me anal or other names lol. If anyone has other item to check feel free to suggest away now is the time before we close lol

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So everyone has their opinion on the wheel bearing issue but the gist of it comes down to overgreasing and using low temp grease that turns to liquid. Don't let them just "check" the hubs. Make them repack them wether they show issue or not... Buy the way it is your money so you have every right to be anal
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome to the GD family.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the end of the day we passed on the GD, too many old issues that seem to be a lack of permeant fix for years such as the axles and then the 2 gray tanks was the deal breaker. Big thanks to this site as without you folks posting issues or design flaws I would have never known about them. Misleading to have 75 gals of gray water but not say two tanks not connected. Other brands all have their bad days but a foot note looked at the wiring behind the passtru panel and plumbing what a rats nest so back to a coach as it seems most of the 5th are lot of bling bling but lack in sold construction (at least the ones I looked at which were not the full live aboard models)

thanks again and safe travels
    Bigun

2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2016 F250 SRW 6.7 CC SB 4x4

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's too bad. Goodbye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a list of issues to make sure the dealer needs to fix and/or check before we drive our new 303RLS OFF THE LOT ON 2/11/17?