Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering how my price I got compares to what others are getting for a DIY install. My price was right at $1100 for everything. Penguin ll low profile unit with single zone digital thermostat and face plate etc for a ducted install. How's this compare to others prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about to purchase a Dometic Penguin II, low profile off the web for $734. The interior grill plate from Amazon is about $50. The Thermostat recommended for this unit is the Dometic p/n 3316230, which is about $90 - $100 from various web sources. This apparently replaced the 3313189 thermostat. This thermostat is expensive. I cannot find any documentation on this thermostat. It has a control board associated with it. Does anyone have any documentation for this thermostat/control board or any DIY useful information? Thanks.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lacofdfireman View Post
    Just wondering how my price I got compares to what others are getting for a DIY install. My price was right at $1100 for everything. Penguin ll low profile unit with single zone digital thermostat and face plate etc for a ducted install. How's this compare to others prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We had an initial quote of $1500 for installing the 2d AC in the bedroom. But our service place dropped it to $1300 when they determined that they didn't need to install the wires/ducting (rig already wired for 2d unit).

My husband just ordered the AC/thermostat from an independent place for lower cost. He and our son installed it a couple of days ago - took about 4 hours. Can't recall exact numbers, I'll get back to you when he gets home.

EDIT: OK, sorry, took a while to get back. We paid about $1000 for the Penguin II low profile. Including thermostat.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I received my Penguin II low profile ducted A/C purchased off the web. Also, received the air-return grill and T-Stat purchased off the web. We got the A/C unit onto the roof of the RV by leaning a ladder on the front of the RV and dragging the A/C up by rope - easier task than initial thought. Of course, my 303RLS being pre-wired for a second A/C made the overall job pretty much a breeze. Removing the skylight above the bedroom where the A/C was installed may have been the most time consuming task, with all the sealant that had to be scrapped away. The T-Stat was easily installed above the light switch in the bedroom where the pre-installed T-Stat wire was located. The total cost for the components including shipping was $895.
    Marc & Sally
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2013 Ram 2500 SLT
    6.7L Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegOhm View Post
    Well, I received my Penguin II low profile ducted A/C purchased off the web. Also, received the air-return grill and T-Stat purchased off the web. We got the A/C unit onto the roof of the RV by leaning a ladder on the front of the RV and dragging the A/C up by rope - easier task than initial thought. Of course, my 303RLS being pre-wired for a second A/C made the overall job pretty much a breeze. Removing the skylight above the bedroom where the A/C was installed may have been the most time consuming task, with all the sealant that had to be scrapped away. The T-Stat was easily installed above the light switch in the bedroom where the pre-installed T-Stat wire was located. The total cost for the components including shipping was $895.
    Would you mind sending me a PM with the parts list you bought and where? I need to do the same thing as you
    Jeremy & Katie
    2017 303RLS Reflection
    2017 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on doing the same. If that parts list is still handy I'd appreciate a copy as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could I get a copy of that list as well, guys?? Thanks looking for this same thing today.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a thought that I had after my maiden voyage with my 307 MKS which has a 15K main cabin a/c. I thought that if I wanted a second ac for the bedroom I would just buy a portable unit for $300-$400 dollars and set it in the entry door area and direct the airflow through the bedroom doorway. This would save me some weight on the roof and give us more flexibility in the camper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Happy Campers View Post
    Here is a thought that I had after my maiden voyage with my 307 MKS which has a 15K main cabin a/c. I thought that if I wanted a second ac for the bedroom I would just buy a portable unit for $300-$400 dollars and set it in the entry door area and direct the airflow through the bedroom doorway. This would save me some weight on the roof and give us more flexibility in the camper.
    If you are talking about a window type residential unit, you would have to have the back end of the unit sitting outside in order to reject the heat outdoors rather than into your living space.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I am looking at a floor portable a/c 8000 btu that can be exhausted out a window or door like the Frigidaire FFPA0822R1 which runs around $500.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast