User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Batteries

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the group 29 fit without issue? Do you think there is room for a pair of group 29s? I'm picking up our new 349M in a couple weeks and plan to bring my own batteries since trailers come "batteries not included". Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought a 349M and the battery was definitely not included. It is a $200 add-on including installation. I'll bring my own when we pick it up in a couple weeks. Anyone clear on what size will fit? I'd like to put a pair of batteries at least...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of a trailer being sold with no battery (have heard of them trying.) GD does not supply battery but dealer should! Dealer is pulling a fast one.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battery required in order to operate the breakaway brake controller....emergency brakes. I don't think it is legal for them to not include one (not two). That cocktail would leave you with no safety device in the event of a catastrophic separation of trailer! You might want to revisit this thought with dealer before you sign.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^^ excellent point!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Them again just trying to shave a few more dollars......Safety is thrown out the window. What's with these people?
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify... They will not let me take the trailer home without a battery. It's illegal for them to allow it since the emergency braking system wouldn't function. However, the battery is not included from Grand Design and the dealer normally installs one for a cost. Weather they show you that cost as a line item on the contract is another story. Either way, you are paying for it. My dealer is allowing me to bring my own battery and I'm saving $200. Mike Thompson RV in California. They've been around the block a few times. The sales manager is a friend of a friend and gave me a great deal (I think) on the trailer. When you are paying Close to $70K for a unit, most wouldn't even notice $200 on the invoice. Maybe he was being too transparent? LOL. Anyone wanna talk about out the door prices on 349M's? I'd be happy to share in a PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 350M came with 2 group 27's they were working alright but we do mostly boondocking so we now have 4 each 6V agm's and one group 24 wire only to the generator for starting only
    2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4 x 4
    Bilstein 5100 Series shocks / Air Lift Bags
    B & W Turnoverball with Companion 20k
    2016 Momentum 350M
    2019 Honda 1000-5 Deluxe

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    The emergency breakaway circuit will not work without a charged battery.
    I don't want to hijack this thread and can open a new one if need be, but quick question. I just hooked up a battery disconnect as the one that came with my solitude didn't disconnect everything and my battery was draining. Anyway, my question is, do I need to have the battery disconnect switched "ON" when I am towing to ensure the breakaway will function?
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread and can open a new one if need be, but quick question. I just hooked up a battery disconnect as the one that came with my solitude didn't disconnect everything and my battery was draining. Anyway, my question is, do I need to have the battery disconnect switched "ON" when I am towing to ensure the breakaway will function?
    Unless you have bypassed the disconnect switch with the power to the break-away switch, you will have to have the new disconnect in the "on" position when towing to assure that the emergency braking has power. It would be good to test this so you know for sure. You will also need to have the disconnect switch in the on position to allow the truck to charge the trailer battery while towing.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast