Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batteries

Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Batteries

My dealer told me the 303rls does not come equipped with a battery? Is that what others have found? If so, should I go with 6 or 12 volt, and how many do I need?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine came with two 12v batteries. How do they expect you to use the jacks to hook up to your truck to drive away? Your dealer is just trying to be cheap. It's that kind of behavior that would make me want to shop elsewhere. Ohhhhh, you wanted air in the tires? That's gonna be extra!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVs require a 12-volt, deep-cycle RV/marine battery. I've never heard of an RV dealer who did not provide the buyer with a new, full-charged battery of the proper type. I would find another dealer and/or let Grand Design know.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reflections call for a Group 27 deep cycle battery.

They can't legally let you leave the lot with out a battery, and should be part of the "package".
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is true that Grand Design does not install a battery. The delivery drivers will have their own battery for transport purposes which they remove upon delivery. Every dealer I've ever dealt with has installed one 12 volt RV/marine battery at no additional cost.

However, on most of my previous RV purchases, I've negotiated dual batteries or AGM batteries as an upgrade.

Just remember that it is dangerous and probably illegal to ever tow without a battery. The emergency breakaway circuit will not work without a charged battery. If your dealer is trying to charge you extra for a basic RV battery, they are not a business I'd want to deal with.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Reflections call for a Group 27 deep cycle battery.

They can't legally let you leave the lot with out a battery, and should be part of the "package".
    Huntr70, your battery size of the group "27" caught my eye. As far as I have ever heard these trailer come with a battery, as well as propane tanks, etc. Cant believe a dealer would say the battery is not included.

Now my dealer did offer to upgrade my battery and credit me the original battery cost. From what I can tell, the trailers come to the dealer without a battery, and then the dealers put one in when the sale is made. The battery that was offered to me was th group "24" deep cycle battery. I chose to take the credit and upgrade to a group "29".
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Huntr70, your battery size of the group "27" caught my eye. As far as I have ever heard these trailer come with a battery, as well as propane tanks, etc. Cant believe a dealer would say the battery is not included.

Now my dealer did offer to upgrade my battery and credit me the original battery cost. From what I can tell, the trailers come to the dealer without a battery, and then the dealers put one in when the sale is made. The battery that was offered to me was th group "24" deep cycle battery. I chose to take the credit and upgrade to a group "29".
    New units do not come with any batteries installed.

Empty propane tanks are included, which the dealer should fill. Dealers install the battery and the plastic enclosure box.

In the Owner's manuals, Reflection, Solitude, and Momentum call for Group 27 batteries (or bigger). Imagine calls for Group 24 (or bigger).

Sometimes size has to be limited to what fits in the space that the mfg allows.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huntr70: In the Owner's manuals, Reflection, Solitude, and Momentum call for Group 27 batteries (or bigger). Imagine calls for Group 24 (or bigger).

Sometimes size has to be limited to what fits in the space that the mfg allows.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I would of had a group 24 in my Reflection trailer if I didn't upgrade. Also, the 29 barely fits in the battery rack. So much so that the dealer didn't attach the box except for with a strap because of the angle. I have since purchased a stronger strap, and am attaching a stop on each side of the battery box to prevent any sliding.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The battery box on my 303RLS appears to be sized for snug fit with a Group 27 battery. Its an easy fit for a Group 24 and a Group 31 could probably be jammed in there. My dealer saved a couple of bucks by giving me a group 24 rather than the specified Group 27. Not a big deal for me . . . I have lots of batteries. But . . . I tried a group 27 and the cables were a lot more difficult to route inside the box because I significantly upsized these. So, I went with the Group 24 and matched it with a second mirror image installation of another one.

The 24 will have 85 Ah. The 27 will have 100 Ah. The 31 will have 115 Ah. You can only safely use 50% of these numbers so the difference gets even smaller. We don't dry camp (at least, not on purpose ) so, for me, the ease of handling the 24s outweighs the small Ah difference to be gained by wrestling with the larger batteries. Just my 2 cents worth.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told the dealer I was installing my own 6V batteries and didn't want the stock 12V. I took a battery of my own in to pick the unit up and received a credit for the dealer battery. The rig isn't legal without a battery because it needs one to apply the brakes if the breakaway switch is pulled. Your dealer is pulling a fast one.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast