User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of having a Honeywell wifi factory thermostat like I had in our last house. But I believe the Thermostat in our 2019 29RS has an automatic position. Set the temp and either the air conditioner or heater will come on and maintain the temperature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's and update, we arrived home after 2 months in Florida. I researched while away and chose a Honeywell non-programable thermostat model RTH5160-D1016. Runs on two AA batteries and will work with our Grand Design 303RLS set up. The existing Airxcel thermostat is supposed to be held to the wall on 2 plastic clips which the stat clips too. You are supposed to be able to push upward on the stat to release it, well some bright installer ignored the manufactures design and drilled two holes in the back of the stat and screwed it directly and perminently to the wall. I had to snap the front face off the stat to gain access to the new screw location. Fortunately I didn't destroy the stat in the process. The existing wires were as follows: Red wire to R, White wire to B, Orange wire to GL, Brown wire to GH, Yellow wire to Y, and Green wire to W. The red wire is 12V+, the white wire is Ground, the orange wire is the low speed fan trigger, the brown wire is the high speed fan trigger, the yellow wire is the Air-conditioner trigger, and the green wire is the Furnace trigger. Cap the White wire as it is not needed. Choose to use either the low speed or high speed fan and cap the unused fan wire of your choice.

Take your new thermostat attach the Red wire to R leave the jumper switch on the new stat in the 1 R wire position, connect the Yellow wire to Y, connect the Green wire to W, connect whichever you chose for your fan speed (low or high) to G, add batteries to the new thermostat mount it to the wall and run through the setting selecting the automatic switchover configuration. From the menu select Auto setting, set your desired temperature press done and walk away you are done. If the temperature inside the trailer rises above your set temperature the Air-conditioning will come on, and if the temperature falls below the set temperature your furnace will start up.

I don't know why based on the demographics in the RV world where a great number travel with "fur-babies", that manufacturers haven't jumped on this modification as a standard feature.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...editprofilepic
    2019 Grand Design 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 I6 Cummins Diesel
    Tottenham, ON Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update with great details. I'm sure this info will come in handy for myself and others.

Mike

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cqyqte View Post
    Here's and update, we arrived home after 2 months in Florida. I researched while away and chose a Honeywell non-programable thermostat model RTH5160-D1016.
    I wonder if that's a Canadian model, and how it differs from the RTH5160D1003? Did your research tell you that?

The model you bought seems to be available only from Canadian sites like Amazon.ca and HomeDepot.ca. Even the HoneywellStore.com doesn't show it. The 1003 model appears on many U.S. web sites.

I'm concerned that your excellently-detailed instructions might not work with the 1003 model, and then I'd be up it without a paddle.

Thanks.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that is the Canadian designation for the RTH5160-D1003, quite possibly because of the French labeling. The manual is entitled RTH5160 so they wire and function the same.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...editprofilepic
    2019 Grand Design 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 I6 Cummins Diesel
    Tottenham, ON Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12