Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Solitude 384GK Question

New to RVing and just picked up a new Solitude 384GK. Did a test run last night and could not get TV reception. Pulled the book out this morning and notice that we need to turn on the TV signal booster, but cannot figure out where it is in the 384GK (we looked in the cabinet to the right of the sound system - no luck or maybe we are blind). Can anyone tell me where to locate it?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Grand Design family! I'm not sure where the booster is on your 384GK but on my rig it's in the bedroom up on the ceiling where the cable connections are. Good luck and have fun with your new 5th wheel. The 384GK is a great floor plan!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen the amps both places - near the entertainment system (in a Solitude I saw this week the little push button was behind a coax connector out of sight to the right of the stereo/DVD player) and up near the TV antenna in the bedroom or living room (whichever is in the front). After you turn on the amp and aim the antenna, you will need to select broadcast TV from the input choices on your TV and scan for digital stations.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As silly as it sounds, call your RV dealer and ask your service writer. They can walk on the lot and look at another one and tell you based on that. That is what they get paid for. The other option is to take the unit there and have them find it. It should have been covered during your walk thru. Good luck.
    2016 GD 29RS

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Big Horn dually

60 gallon fuel auxiliary fuel tank

B&W Companion hitch with TruXedo Tonneau Cover

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would look behind the TV where the cable is

Sent from my B3-A30 using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    ... the little push button was behind a coax connector out of sight to the right of the stereo/DVD player ...
    That's where it is on our 2016. Left side of cabinet has the entertainment console, right side (on the 'wall' in between the two sides) has both the coax cable and the push button for the signal booster. The booster button is behind the coax, so a little tough to see unless you're looking for it. It has a red light on it, too, if I remember correctly.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexberg View Post
    New to RVing and just picked up a new Solitude 384GK. Did a test run last night and could not get TV reception. Pulled the book out this morning and notice that we need to turn on the TV signal booster, but cannot figure out where it is in the 384GK (we looked in the cabinet to the right of the sound system - no luck or maybe we are blind). Can anyone tell me where to locate it?
    Look in the top cabinet right of the stereo. It's a small button on the same plate where the coax comes out. It's kinda hard to see, but you can feel it. It might be easier to tell if it's turned on if you turn the lights off. It will turn blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Look in the top cabinet right of the stereo. It's a small button on the same plate where the coax comes out. It's kinda hard to see, but you can feel it. It might be easier to tell if it's turned on if you turn the lights off. It will turn blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok we found the booster button in the main living area (exactly where you said on the wall in the cabinets between the left hand cabinet and the center cabinet). But we can't find the one in the bedroom! People have said on the ceiling, but there are no cable jacks on the ceiling. I have a knob to rotate the antenna but there is no button. We looked at the cable jack where it comes in behind the tv, but no button. Please help.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both tv's should work off the same booster.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dschonfeld View Post
    Ok we found the booster button in the main living area (exactly where you said on the wall in the cabinets between the left hand cabinet and the center cabinet). But we can't find the one in the bedroom! People have said on the ceiling, but there are no cable jacks on the ceiling. I have a knob to rotate the antenna but there is no button. We looked at the cable jack where it comes in behind the tv, but no button. Please help.
    As WhittleBurner said in post #9, both TVs work off the same booster. Did you run a channel search on your bedroom tv with the booster activated? The living room and bedroom TVs search for channels independently of one another, while using the same antenna booster.

Tim
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel