User Tag List

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, no problem. I started with a dual underbelly storage system from Lippert. I tried a few different mounting locations but ultimately decided I liked keeping everything up by the pass-thru storage and having both bins on the same side.

Added a cross beam support between the trailer frame rails under the belly wrap to provide extra support and modification of the bin frame was straight forward...

http://www.lci1.com/underchassis-storage-system
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5215.jpg   IMG_5216.jpg   IMG_5217.jpg  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadGuy View Post
    Started out with big stackable tubs but switched to adjustable shelves and smaller tubs for the front storage area. Really easy to get specific things out now. Water hoses and other items fit up top and stay out of the way... Wire shelving bought at local hardware store (note shelves installed upside down so the front has an edge to keep things from sliding forward).
    Questions

1 - 2 shelves from 6' x 16" shelving with tall lip (HD has 2 varieties difference being wire spacing and lip height) ?
    2 - Assume some cutting was necessary at the ends?
    3 - 4 vertical rails of _____ height?
    4 - Vertical rails attached how?
    5 - Painted everything black?

Thanks...

/ed
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started out with big stackable tubs but switched to adjustable shelves and smaller tubs for the front storage area. Really easy to get specific things out now. Water hoses and other items fit up top and stay out of the way... Wire shelving bought at local hardware store (note shelves installed upside down so the front has an edge to keep things from sliding forward).

Also, installed a modified version of underbelly storage to keep my sewer hoses and blocks handy.
    Love your underbelly storage. Great place for all that stinky stuff. Do they lock? Now sure I am up to that job though.
    '12 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    Previous ’98 Coleman Mesa
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, installed a modified version of underbelly storage to keep my sewer hoses and blocks handy.
    Forgot to ask. What camper did you put this on?
    '12 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    Previous ’98 Coleman Mesa
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone done a slide out tray on a 380TH ?
    Bud Leary
    2015 Momentum 380TH
    2017 F350 King Ranch Diesel
    Andersen Ultimate Aluminum Hitch
    Airlift Semi-Automatic Airbag System
    Yamaha Custom Electric Golf Cart with 6" Lift

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yattr0,

You can get all the supplies at HD / LOs and one of them is now carrying everything in dark grey which would avoid painting. Here are answers to your questions best I can provide at the moment. Seems front storage compartments vary per make / model so best measure for your rig so you limit cuts. I have a 357BHS so my measurements probably aren't universal. It was a really easy job just take your time.

Q1: Yes, that sounds right. I made both shelves the same depth but you could use smaller size on top if you wanted to get bigger items up there. I liked having both the same size and using the top area for my water hoses.

Q2: You will need to measure your opening diagonally to see how wide you can actually make your shelves. I then cut to the next opening at the inside of the cross support so I could maximize width and only had to momentarily bend the sides in when inserting the shelves through the door.

Q3: I would measure your compartment height and cut them to height. I made sure the bottom ends rested on the compartment floor and were cut to the same height making sure the support brackets all lined up at the same height so the shelf would be flat.

Q4: Just center punch the rails where you find screw holes and use sheet metal screws to anchor to the wall. Just be careful drilling through the sheet metal or you will drill through the backside carpeted board. I used one screw on the top and bottom per rail.

Q5: Yes, I used plastic black spray paint on everything before installation and did minor touch ups after installation. The paint dries pretty hard if you let it dry the recommended time stated on spray can but I wanted to get the job done in the same afternoon... After a full season of dragging things in / out it's held up pretty good but if I had to do it over again I would pay the extra cost of the new dark grey shelves HD / LOs now carries.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CamperDude,

I have a Reflection 357BHS and when clamping the storage bin rails to the underbelly frame in various places I decided I did not like how far out the boxes protruded from the side skirts on either side and also wanted to keep the entry side of the rig clean looking so a custom install was the obvious choice.

If you have access to a chop saw and welder (or pay a local shop) the mods aren't hard at all. I did take down the underbelly wrap and install a perpendicular support beam just to ensure the system didn't flex/bounce as I drove down the road but even that was easy... Just time consuming. Total project only took an afternoon once I figured out what I wanted to do... Best to have an extra set of hands available to help position the unit before you clamp it for drilling.

Boxes have a spring rod mechanism to keep them closed but they aren't locks. Haven't heard of anyone stealing sewer hoses in my neck of the woods so I don't bother. If you were going to keep valuables / tools in them a standard lock/key or cable could be added...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple and very effective use of this space

QuadGuy,

Thanks for the idea and the information. I liked your idea so much I studied your pictures and just went for it.

Used 3 - 30" wall supports that rest on the metal floor. I did 2 shelves 59" wide of the 16" deep shelving in gray (has about half the lip height as the white but appears to be ok).

Moved the light fixture from the back wall to the front ceiling and adjusted a few wire lugs on the DC terminals so the the cover could be lowered a bit for shelf placement. Also zip-tied some of the wire around the Ground Control 3 electronics to minimize anything catching on them.

I have 2 T105 Trojan batteries that I want to keep towards the from for access to fluids. They will either remain there or shift to the curb side (lighter side of unit wrt delivered axel weights). Once solved, will work out venting.

We only have a HD which has gray shelving but only white in the other pieces. They did let me have the shelving for $0.01/ea (priced incorrectly and didn't care to correct).

I was able to remove 4 storage containers from the basement area and have significantly better access to all this stuff.

OUTSTANDING!

/ed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3058.jpg 
Views:	6314 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	7363
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2016 solitude 379fl
    Minnesota,North metro
    summers @ flying goose
    fairmont,Mn seasonal

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice video for how to prevent a leaking pump and connectors getting everything wet behind the basement wall... Hinged door is now on my spring mods list along with adding led light strips and switch to the front storage area...

Speaking of basement mods, Anyone modify the left side wall and stud locations so you can reclaim some of the dead space behind the wall? I see GD is now installing door step drawers to utilize some of this dead space but wondered if anyone reworked this area from the basement? On my unit I would have to relocate the power and cable hookups but that would be easy.

Thoughts and pics anyone?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast