User Tag List

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

repairing wood trim

On my Reflection, the wood and trim is nothing more than a layer of wood colored paper (don't know what else to call it) on composite wood. I have found it is prone to peeling and scratching, especially in the bathroom area where humidity is high. For repair, I used Besezx Dark Walnut wood textured repair tape on Amazon, and the color matches very good:

https://www.amazon.com/Besezx-Adhesi...99&sr=8-8&th=1

I have no idea which models of model years of Reflection have this dark brown trim, but the tape looks like it going to greatly improve the looks.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    On my Reflection, the wood and trim is nothing more than a layer of wood colored paper (don't know what else to call it) on composite wood. I have found it is prone to peeling and scratching, especially in the bathroom area where humidity is high. For repair, I used Besezx Dark Walnut wood textured repair tape on Amazon, and the color matches very good:

I have no idea which models of model years of Reflection have this dark brown trim, but the tape looks like it going to greatly improve the looks.
    Very helpful, there have been a few posts recently on how to deal with the trim, good to know what worked for you.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post

May already been doing this..... but, would recommend opening and turning on your ceiling vent fan when showering to remove any humidity. Weve been doing this since new (4yrs) and have had no issues with peeling laminate.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've done a lot of work remodeling cabinets and storage. Took the steps out completely, rebuilt them with open fronts, now we have shoe storage under out steps which was previously wasted space. In doing all this work we ended up needing to replace some trim. In our case when we had to replace any trim we ripped down pine strips and I used a color matched paint. I took one of the old pieces of trim to Home Depot to get it matched. Looks really good. I keep a small jar of that paint on board for touch ups. Not for moisture damage, we keep the coach well ventilated, but just all those dings and scratches that occur on a daily basis.

We actually ended up building an entire cabinet and used that paint. Unless you get your face right up next to it you can't tell that it isn't OEM.
    2023 Reflection 150, Model 280RS
    Tow Vehicle - 2022 Ram 2500