User Tag List

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you do to keep critters/roaches from entering the drain hole?
    Quote Originally Posted by bartlett View Post

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-Country-Livin Where did you get the bolt on beam hangers? I used metal straps last time, but like your setup better.

Thanks,

Mike

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-Country-Livin Where did you get the bolt on beam hangers? I used metal straps last time, but like your setup better.

Thanks,

Mike
    I used 3/4" black anodized aluminum, drilled screw holes every 4 inch's to attach to the wrapped plywood and to the trailer beams/floor.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response! One more option I will consider.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I read through this thread and through a few others before deciding how I wanted to organize and modify my basement. I wanted to mount a TV in the basement to swing out and looked at a lot of the mounts people had on here and realized that I would need to either move or brace the wall I wanted to put the TV on (nice gap between the basement wall and stairs due to electrical and plumbing). So I decide to add just a lashing/tie down system for my 43 inch TV and rotate it to the opening when we wanted to watch it. So it faces the wall and is secure during transit. I also wanted to get the front basement storage organized so I can get more 'stuff' in there and really liked the idea of the movable shelving other owners did (so I did a bit of R&D - rip-off and duplicate ). I also needed a place to store all of our fishing poles so added that into the main basement because the front storage was too short. I also added the hinges other owners have done to access their utilities (again thanks for the idea!!). So, here is what is done thus far. Still trying to figure out how best to use the rest of the space in the basement... but that will come in time and how we really do use that space (we are just looking at getting ready to end our camping season in a couple of weeks after having our RV for almost two months). Again, thanks for the great ideas! They really helped.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7323.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	15264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7325.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	15265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7326.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	15266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7328.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	15267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7329.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	15268
    2019 Solitude 3740BH
    Seasonal on the Lake - no better place to be

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7334.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	15269

Sorry had issue uploading this picture so had to add a reply to get it posted. But this is the forward basement mod.
    2019 Solitude 3740BH
    Seasonal on the Lake - no better place to be

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - I couldn’t agree with you more. Thank you for your service you are a hero, have a son in USAF going to deploy soon. God Bless our veterans and active duty/ first responders!

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I come here from time-to-time to see what else I can mod or spend money on (cough, cough), I thought I'd pass along a coupla thoughts.

When it comes to "hooks", this is just one example of a product meant for clamping round objects such as poles: https://shop.hamiltonmarine.com/prod...SABEgIiP_D_BwE You can also do a search for boat hook clips and find other similar things. Why I think products like these are a good idea is that they're made from materials that will see the harsh marine environment. Therefore, a plastic clip will not be as susceptible to becoming brittle over time compared to a product made for home use.

Another thing that has puzzled me for some time - and I hope this won't be controversial - is the use of dark materials (carpet, black paint, etc.) in basements and front compartments. The reason I say that is that in my former life in the aircraft industry, ALL areas, that a mechanic would have the need to access, in order to affect a repair, was painted GLOSS WHITE. The reason was twofold, a) hydraulic leaks, oil leaks, dropped fasteners, etc. were easier to spot and b) the white paint reflected light making the area the mechanic was working in brighter. I know, I know......white stuff gets dirty. However, I'm toying with the idea of painting my front compartment white since every time I'm in there it feels like being in a dungeon. I also have an idea of how to brighten up the basement on my 337RLS. But you'll just have to check back here to find out what I've cooked up (insert evil Count Dracula laugh)

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupins View Post
    Now there are a lot of great ideas in here. Thanks........... But where is everyone putting like 2 lounge chairs or even a couple folding chairs??
    I put my lounge chairs up in the bunk area, but since you don't have a Momentum that is probably not going to help. Should have looked before running my mouth

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right side.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	19188
    Right side complete now with lounger compartment, etc.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast