User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be a couple of years before I purchase what I want (leaning towards a F350 SRW 6.75 ft bed) to tow a 5r (still looking but Grand Design or a Vanleigh).

Jerryr, I see you have basically the set up I am think of and using the bak flip F1. I also wanted to cover the bed of the truck with a tonneau cover but am favoring the one from fold-a-cover because of tool caddy they have integrated at the front. It is hard to find an image of someone with a fold-a-cover and a AUH to see if it will cause an issue. I compared images between the F1 and fold-a-cover and it appears the fold-a-cover is a bit smaller at the front.

How much clearance do you have between the connection to the RV and the AUH and the cover?

Thanks

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 7.5” clearance between the trailer overhang and the side rails of the truck. The cover is about 4” above the rails when folded forward for towing. Based on this there’s about 3.5” space between the overhang and folded up cover at the front when turning.

When driving normally I’ve never come close to any contact.

See attached picture for clearance with about a 75 deg backing turn which I never do due to the stress on the tires. This turn was done to check turn limits. It’s with the coupler set in the reverse position which puts the trailer closer to the back window.

Last edited by Jerryr; 12-27-2017 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Corrected multiple spellllling errors :)
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peglegpete View Post
    It will be a couple of years before I purchase what I want (leaning towards a F350 SRW 6.75 ft bed) to tow a 5r (still looking but Grand Design or a Vanleigh).

Jerryr, I see you have basically the set up I am think of and using the bak flip F1. I also wanted to cover the bed of the truck with a tonneau cover but am favoring the one from fold-a-cover because of tool caddy they have integrated at the front. It is hard to find an image of someone with a fold-a-cover and a AUH to see if it will cause an issue. I compared images between the F1 and fold-a-cover and it appears the fold-a-cover is a bit smaller at the front.

How much clearance do you have between the connection to the RV and the AUH and the cover?

Thanks
    Does this picture help?

Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I have 7.5” clearance between the trailer overhang and the side rails of the truck. The cover is about 4” above the rails when folded forward for towing. Based on this there’s about 3.5” space between the overhang and folded up cover at the front when turning.

When driving normally I’ve never come close to any contact.

See attached picture for clearance with about a 75 deg backing turn which I never do due to the stress on the tires. This turn was done to check turn limits. It’s with the coupler set in the reverse position which puts the trailer closer to the back window.

Maybe just me, but that looks scary close on that turn.
    Jerry- have you heard anything regarding some new hardware Andersen may have now that will prevent you from having to drill thru the Andersen to connect the chains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerryr,

Very impressive! Not sure I can turn that far with my 3500HD with anderson setup identical to your’s.

I also have the F1 and have not had any clearence issue.

/ed
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As close as that is I wouldn't want to try that on unlevel ground.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    As close as that is I wouldn't want to try that on unlevel ground.
    I never back up with that much of an angle. Besides risking the cap touching the truck cab it’s too hard on the suspension and Tires. That was just done to test how far I could go without hitting the back window.

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123