User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    All y'all convinced me to start using chains. Luckily, this truck came with "D" rings to attach the chains to. Better safe than sorry.
    Really, for the rather insignificant cost of the chain set, it’s a no-brainer to buy ‘em and use ‘em.

And yes, there are states that require the use of the chain set. There is always a debate by some if the Andersen hitch falls under the definition of a gooseneck/gooseball hitch but my feeling is, I’m not about to engage in a roadside definitional debate with a state trooper. Those never end well.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    Do a search on this forum and you'll see some crumpled AUH. Use Duck Duck Go or Google as well. I didn't say "many, many" either, I said "enough" but nice try. Here is one to get you started...Attachment 17198
    I just did a search looking for crumpled Ultimate hitches and all I found were scads of rave reviews across RV forums. Then there was the one guy complaining about his hitch lying on the garage and tripping over it. Did see a picture of his crumpled shin?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I just did a search looking for crumpled Ultimate hitches and all I found were scads of rave reviews across RV forums. Then there was the one guy complaining about his hitch lying on the garage and tripping over it. Did see a picture of his crumpled shin?
    It might just be me, BUT no way in heck am I trusting my 60K rig to an flimsy aluminum hitch setup. NO WAY!!!! Well, maybe......LOL
    Last edited by phonemannn; 03-12-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a side note, you see the nice video Anderson did showing off there hitch? You "don't ever overload" guys, you think that tow rig in the video was not overloaded? Really? Of course it was!!!
    BUT might reconsider this setup...
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the PullRite Superlight.........a upside down Andersen......so will I need chains outside of CA?

Cal
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EBerning View Post
    Looking to purchase a Reflection shortly, and I'm looking at hitches. I think I've settled on the Anderson, but have a few questions for actual users.
    1. Do you use safety chains? If so, how do you hook them up? I have the Chevy 3500 with factory fifth wheel prep, and it would appear the hitch would cover the pucks, negating the ability to use those for anchor points. Pullrite makes a gooseneck ball with safety chain plate, but it appears it's only for Ford (part 4437 for those interested)
    2. for those with the short bed, which direction do you mount the adapter? Will the Reflection pinbox hit the side rails in the normal position?
    Thanks
    Eric
    We use the Anderson and we have a new 2018 GMC 2500 duramax. We pull a 2019 303RLS. The hitch did not come with the chains. We ordered them separately on amazon. We had the same problem with the hitch covering the pucks as well. You can get an attachment that goes under the hitch, around the ball. You than attach the chains to that. My husband works for steel company, so he made his own. It was quicker. The dealer we bought from would not let us leave the lot with our new rig until we had the chains on. We are from Ontario Canada and apparently it is the law to have them on. As well as some states. We love the Anderson hitch. So easy to hook up and very easy to remove and store.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspsdx View Post
    In Texas any trailer that connect to tow vehicle using a ball, is required to use safety chains. They will write tickets for no chains!
    That’s what we were told too. Any time you tow with a ball, the rule is, you use chains. Same as when you pull a travel trailer. You are using a ball. You need chains.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Anderson owner here. Safety chains hook up to the B&W gooseneck hitch.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7230.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	18299
    2018 Reflection 367 BH
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD Laramie LB 4x4
    2014 Adventurer 910 DB Truck camper

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Anderson Hitch and the safety chain hookups are accessible on mine. 12500 dry weight. I am moving to the reese goose box on my next one that I pick up Monday. I am tired of lifting the pyramid etc. But it has worked well.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1984fireball View Post
    I use the Anderson Hitch and the safety chain hookups are accessible on mine. 12500 dry weight. I am moving to the reese goose box on my next one that I pick up Monday. I am tired of lifting the pyramid etc. But it has worked well.
    I am not sure I understand the last part of your post. Can you explain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast