User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there is and I don't recall because it's been a while since I looked. Here is one I saw where it looked like the ball had sheared off (no idea of the story behind this one either). These were the two I had on my desktop from when I was looking before I bought the Goose Box. Aside from all that, I like having my clean bed when I unhook more than anything. I couldn't find any instances of a Goose Box failing, nor did I ever find any related to my previous B&W Companion or my B&W Turnover, which I have run on different trucks for many years.

Glad you like yours. Like I said before, my opinion is worth every penny you pay for it.

Attachment 17200

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has to be a story here or Anderson would have a recall on that model hitch. Did the user chock the tires, put the legs down and forget the unhitch before pulling forward? I have several friends that pull with the Anderson and they love it. I have the B&W Companion and love it, so it really depends on preference. I can't see Anderson not doing some sort of re-call if their hitches were buckling all the time.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to know if anyone has "reversed" the chain.

It would be easy to attach the chain before bolting down the AUH to the bed. If I could then attach the chain to the block or pin box after connecting the camper that would make things a lot cleaner and easier. If I have to crawl in the bed and reach under the hitch to connect it every time then I'm just not going to do it.
    2018 Momentum 328M

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    There has to be a story here or Anderson would have a recall on that model hitch. Did the user chock the tires, put the legs down and forget the unhitch before pulling forward? I have several friends that pull with the Anderson and they love it. I have the B&W Companion and love it, so it really depends on preference. I can't see Anderson not doing some sort of re-call if their hitches were buckling all the time.
    I believe this is the link to the forum thread with the link to Facebook with the narrative (it was an auto accident) and more pictures as noted in post #1 by John:

(by the way folks, it is Andersen with two "e"s.)

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ollapsed/page4

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 01-16-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry & Barbara View Post
    I had the same question. I called Andersen. He said most people simply loop the chains around the rear legs of the hitch. I have a short bed 6 3/4 feet. I have the ball closest to the tailgate. Have not done much towing yet, but it appears to give me plenty of turning room so far. As soon as I get the trailer back form the dealer (brakes), I plan to test out the turning radius etc.
    Looping the chains around the rear legs isn't a very good idea. If the AUH breaks your RV will still come off of the truck. You need i tie down points that are not attached to the AUH or the gooseneck ball (if you have that version).

I
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    Do a search on this forum and you'll see some crumpled AUH. Use Duck Duck Go or Google as well. I didn't say "many, many" either, I said "enough" but nice try. Here is one to get you started...Attachment 17198
    I asked for pictures to support your claim they crumpled under hard braking. You linked a picture of a hitch that was involved in an accident. Try again, or admit you were just trying to start a war.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by yattr0; 01-19-2019 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Fixed image
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    I asked for pictures to support your claim they crumpled under hard braking. You linked a picture of a hitch that was involved in an accident. Try again, or admit you were just trying to start a war.
    I posted two pictures of two different crumpled Andersen hitches. Maybe they were photoshopped? I've seen people get upset over opinions of inanimate objects as if they were a first born child, thus the immediate disclaimer when I first posted. That's about as delicate as I can get.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trueweb View Post
    I would like to know if anyone has "reversed" the chain.

It would be easy to attach the chain before bolting down the AUH to the bed. If I could then attach the chain to the block or pin box after connecting the camper that would make things a lot cleaner and easier. If I have to crawl in the bed and reach under the hitch to connect it every time then I'm just not going to do it.
    My chains are connected with a d-ring to the pucks in my bed and after dropping the trailer on the hitch I hook it to the rings on the coupler.

I drilled 3-1/4” holes in the base plate to accommodate the Ford pucks, as approved by Andersen.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    I posted two pictures of two different crumpled Andersen hitches. Maybe they were photoshopped? I've seen people get upset over opinions of inanimate objects as if they were a first born child, thus the immediate disclaimer when I first posted. That's about as delicate as I can get.
    But you said you had seen many pictures of damage caused by hard braking. Where are the pictures of hitches damaged by hard braking?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast