Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LP Not working

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LP Not working

My family and I just purchased a new 323BHS. Soon after we bought it we noticed the heat would only work intermittently. I checked the LP tanks multiple times. Neither of them are empty. I checked the LP regulator and it says both of the tanks are full. I also checked to make sure the tanks were open. Both of them are open. I turned the thermostat up to 80 degrees trying to get the heat to turn on. Nothing happened. I turned the thermostat on and off three times. Each time the fan turned on for a minute or two and the burner turned on three times each but only for a few seconds before turning off. Does anyone have any idea what else we can do/check?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the limit switch. There is a little thermostatic switch that trips if the heater gets to hot. It's purpose is to keep from burning things up should other components fail to measure heat (excessive heat) correctly. The down side is that when the switch fails, or is not connected, the furnace will come on, then the furnace will shut off because the limit switch doesn't say it's ok.

On my Suburban heater it's right in the access panel. I would pull the cover off and make sure the wires are connected.

Dallas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a problem when I switched tanks when one of them went empty. I turned on the full tank and the furnace would come on and go out. Tried the stove and burner was barely lit. I went back outside and checked my tank and was not getting any flow, had to take hose off and got a screw driver and pushed on the valve, then connected hose and it worked. When I took my empty tank in to get it filled, I told the man what happened and he said that the valves do stick at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes if you open the valve too quick, the safety valve will think you have a leak and shut. Close the valve and open it slowly
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LP Not working

I have had several people email me and tell me that they are unable to pm me ............ any idea why my pm is not working ???

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears you are still a Registered Guest. PMs may only be available to site sponsors. This site is privately owned and a $12 annual membership will get you full site access. Heck of a bargain for the amount info available here and it keeps the advertisements away.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...(Site-Sponsor)
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name