Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsp8 View Post
    Did you try Flagg Ranch at Headwaters Lodge? It is about 1/2 between Jackson Hole and Yellowstone. We stayed there two years ago and would stay again. As was said above, Colter Bay RV Village is my first choice but is tough to get into. The NFS part of Colter Bay should have openings if you can dry camp.
    No, but I should have. When I looked at it on the Google map, it seemed a bit far from Jackson, but now it looks like it would be ideal as a base to visit both Yellowstone and Tetons. From the pictures, it looks beautiful. So many campgrounds, so little time.......

Thanks!

bill
    Bill & Debbie - Pineville, LA
    Pups - Loosey and Lil Dude
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax Z71 4WD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are heading to Coulter Bay in June...... And Gros Ventre after that. We stayed at Gros Ventre last September and one of the things I noticed was that a lot of people come in for only one or two nights. If you get there on Sunday or Monday morning when a lot of people are hitting the road...I think you would be fine. It is a great spot.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're staying at Flagg Ranch in July and one of the things we want to do is go down and check out Gros Ventre. That looks like such an awesome place and every review I've seen has been positive. We're staying at Flagg Ranch for 10 nights and then at Fishing Bridge in Yellowstone for 10 nights. Can't wait.
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7 V8

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.morrison View Post
    My wife and I are planning a 3 week trip in August and want to spend a week around Jackson and Yellowstone, but we are finding the campgrounds are already pretty booked. We find a few vacancies, but all inside Yellowstone are full.

Any recommendation for Jackson WY area and West Yellowstone?

Also planning a downward loop through Utah. I hope we don't encounter the same there!

Thanks all!

bill
    We did a trip about three years ago and met another family at this campground:
    Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch

URL:
    http://www.gtlc.com/lodges/headwater...at-flagg-ranch

It is a great campground on the snake river. It is an nice spot to get to Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone (most points- A bit of a drive to Mammoth area). Plus if you are in Yellowstone area for a bit don't forget Earthquake Lake outside the west entrance- created by an earthquake that sent half a mount into a valley and buried a town and campground.

Enjoy your trip. I have been four times and would go back again- each trip I have discovered something new!
    2018 Ford F 450 Platinum- White gold exterior Marsala interior w/ Reese 26.5K hitch
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R with dual pane windows, slide-out awning toppers, and heat pump options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be prepared for some tight spots at Fishing Bridge..... pretty cramped camping but its all about the location. Our spot was at the top end of one of the loops ("F" I think) and backing our 303 in took some serious work...but it worked out. Its a great spot to get all around the park.
    2015 Reflection 303

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not happy to hear that about Fishing Bridge. Backing into tight spots is definitely not my strong point yet. Luckily I have ten days reserved so I should be backed in by the 5th day at least.
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7 V8

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Avetraveler, that's funny :-) We stayed at Fishing Bridge several years ago. 30' travel trailer pulled with long bed crew cab dually, had no problems backing in. The spots are tight, not much room between you and your neighbors. But you can't beat the location. We stayed five nights, and put 450 miles on the truck after unhooking, just travelling around in Yellowstone and a little in Montana out N entrance. It's a huge park, with lots to see! Have fun!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said "some spots" are tight.....just be prepared......
    2015 Reflection 303

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just to add to Brian's thoughts, even once you are in, we found the actual campsites to be extremely small, With slides open and squeezing the truck in there was basically no room to "setup camp". But as Scott says, it's all about being in the heart of the Park. A great place to roam from. I don't think we did a single day or evening in the campsite. I, for one, will not stay there again but try a park on the edge of Yellowstone.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We booked our sites in the fall of last year. Yeah a bit early for sure but the family had decided to make this trip last summer. No trouble with reservations. Friends tried to book same time with us two weeks ago and all was full. Having never been to Teton - Colter Bay , and its our first park on the trip......... what is the best way to get there from I80 West bound? We are coming over from Grand Rapids Michigan. We will be making the trip the end of May.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast