2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I did not ...... but that didn't stop me from making my own way. We took 80 West to Rawlins Wyoming. Took 287 North to Lander Wyoming and stayed at Sleeping Bear RV Park. We woke up next day and major snow storm in the higher elevation Togwotee Pass. Nothing good happens when you are pulling a 5th Wheel through steep terrain and its well below freezing with over a foot of snow. Waited until next day. Travel day to Grand Teton was sunny and 50 degrees. Stayed at Colter Bay RV park in Grand Teton. Fairly nice campground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed at Yellowstone Valley Inn a few years ago. It is between Cody and the east gate of Yellowstone.
    good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for the great suggestions! We just returned from our western trip of about 5,600 miles and had a wonderful time. We stayed in the Virginian in Jackson Hole, which worked out great for enjoying town and the Tetons. In Yellowstone, we stayed at Rainbow Point NFS campground about 10 miles north of West Yellowstone. It was a beautiful campground and only 15 minutes from the west entrance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bill & Debbie - Pineville, LA
    Pups - Loosey and Lil Dude
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax Z71 4WD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are planning a trip for August 2018. we will be coming from the east, Minneapolis MN. trying to figure out a route. for those that stayed at Grizzly RV and came form the east did you drive north of yellowstone and go around to Grizzly RV park or did you drive through Cody WY and then through the yellowstone park?

Thanks,
    KC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a smaller trailer previously, so you would have to call to see if they can accommodate you but we stayed at a place with the kids called Crystal Hot Springs in Honeyville, UT. It is just off the interstate north of SaltLake that had a great deal on Wednesday nights for $20 for the whole family for swimming and large tube slides if you enjoy that kind of thing? The campground was also half empty and very clean with full hookups, that was the second week of July when we went through. I would also be interested in camping recommendations outside of Yellowstone since it is almost impossible to get one of the handful of spots at Fishing Bridge for my new 42' fifth wheel.
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdray76 View Post
    We are planning a trip for August 2018. we will be coming from the east, Minneapolis MN. trying to figure out a route. for those that stayed at Grizzly RV and came form the east did you drive north of yellowstone and go around to Grizzly RV park or did you drive through Cody WY and then through the yellowstone park?

Thanks,
    KC
    We didn't come that direction, but I'd suggest staying north and going around the park. That road across the park is pretty narrow, windy, and steep in places.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how long is your RV?
    we are new to GD family and currently have the 28BH - would it fit?

thank you

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tndhunter View Post
    how long is your RV?
    we are new to GD family and currently have the 28BH - would it fit?

thank you
    Would it fit where?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did that trip last June, 2017. We drove through Cody and the park and it is well worth the drive. Very scenic and had so much to see and great places to pull over and enjoy a meal or go fishing, whatever you want to do during your time. Have a great trip.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234