User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Jerryr;106571]I'm looking at installing TPMS add on sensors to my 2017 Reflection 337RLS trailer. To do so I want to replace the rubber valve stems with metal stems to prevent failure of rubber stems due to movement

Jerry. Did you ever find your metal metal valve stems. I have the same rig built about the same time and was thinking of upgrading my tires, metal valve stems, and a TPMS system. Any ood for thought on this matter. Just started my research. TKS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike, Marta & Mack L
    2016 F-350, Diesel, SRW, Lariat, 6.5 bed
    2016 Jayco 26.5 BHS. (Traded didn't need the bunks)
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    B&D Patriot Slider

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tire Dealer had metal stems in stock and installed them.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These https://www.amazon.com/Inner-Mount-M...dp/B06XRWR1BC/ look like the valve stems the dealer installed when they mounted my new tires.

They tighten via nuts on the inside of the rim.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! We are new to the forum and this is my first post - hope it goes through. Can anyone tell me if the wheels on our 2018 337RLS are high pressure wheels suitable to taking 110psi? Looking to possibly replace the Westlakes and going to a LRG tire. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timlisajax View Post
    Hello! We are new to the forum and this is my first post - hope it goes through. Can anyone tell me if the wheels on our 2018 337RLS are high pressure wheels suitable to taking 110psi? Looking to possibly replace the Westlakes and going to a LRG tire. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    Welcome to the forum! May I suggest you post your question in a new thread? This will keep this thread on topic while simultaneously providing you with the best chance of getting a response to your inquiry. (Sorry--I don't know the answer.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timlisajax View Post
    Yep,
    Sometimes it takes quite a bit of searching to find the threads with the info.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...wheel+question
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...S-System/page3

Stems .625" or .453"
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...luminum-Wheels
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 507 TPMS https://mechanicguides.com/best-tire-pressure-systems/ on my BC and it's a great system. Mine are not the type you can air up, I have to remove them to adjust air pressure
    When I changed out the blowmax tires for Sailuns the tire pressure jumped up to 110 psi .
    My local tire shop used high pressure rubber valve stems and within a month I had two of the valve stems blow out.
    I then had them install all metal stems and have not had any issues since.
    The TPMS alerted me and I was able to get off the road into a truck stop and change the tire before any damage to the tire
    Last edited by Lokerdy; 08-14-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokerdy View Post
    I have the 507 TPMS https://mechanicguides.com/best-tire-pressure-systems/ on my BC and it's a great system. Mine are not the type you can air up, I have to remove them to adjust air pressure
    When I changed out the blowmax tires for Sailuns the tire pressure jumped up to 110 psi .
    My local tire shop used high pressure rubber valve stems and within a month I had two of the valve stems blow out.
    I then had them install all metal stems and have not had any issues since.
    The TPMS alerted me and I was able to get off the road into a truck stop and change the tire before any damage to the tire
    Thanks for the heads up Lokerdy! My tire dealer installed high pressure rubber stems also and so far so good. I am going to get the metal stems and carry them with me - just as a back up. After camping season ends, I'll switch over to the metal ones. Stay safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12