User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For whatever reason, the FOS48TAPK-BL Furrion that includes mounting bracket is nearly $30 cheaper than FOS48TA-BL sans bracket.
    Is there any real advantage to the 4ucam set up? When you add $20 for the adapter to the Furrion mount the price equals that of the FOS48TAPK-BL.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My January built 29RS was on all the time. Removed middle running light above camera and was able to re wire in about 15 min. Works only when lights on which is what I do anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpareTire View Post
    The FOS48TAPK-BL includes the bracket that is already installed on your trailer. You want FOS48TA-BL which fits the existing mount.

Here is a plug and play alternative to the expensive Furrion kit - http://www.4ucam.com/Digital-Wireles...ht-Vision.html
    The 4ucam acutally looks to be fairly price comparable (based on the link you sent) at $279 shipped from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-FOS48.../dp/B010XWNFOM) versus the $259 (not sure if there are shipping costs on that one, but I guess there are. I use that Furrion on my 350m 5th wheel with good success.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furrion-Backup-Camera.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	8049
    R. H. & Jessica, Virginia http://blog.borderlinechaos.com/wp-c...dStatesMap.gif
    2017 Momentum 350m 5th Wheeler, B&W Companion 18k hitch
    2017 Ford F350 6.7L Powerstroke, SRW, 4x4, Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is another post called "Still a bit unclear on Furrion FOS48TA-BL" that has pages and pages of discussion about the setup. After reviewing most it seems like the general answer is that the camera is on all the time, except when it isn't. It all depends on your GD setup. I was told by my PDI guy that the new GD Reflection wiring only had the camera on when the running lights were on. I haven't purchased one yet so I haven't a clue. It does seem like the general consensus of the forum is that the observation or backup camera should only work when running lights are on. Many have described what wiring changes they made to their unit to make this happen. Happy Reading.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ruach-Elisha View Post
    The 4ucam acutally looks to be fairly price comparable (based on the link you sent) at $279 shipped from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-FOS48.../dp/B010XWNFOM) versus the $259 (not sure if there are shipping costs on that one, but I guess there are. I use that Furrion on my 350m 5th wheel with good success.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furrion-Backup-Camera.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	8049
    The quality of the Furrion is so far behind what the camera technology is. You can purchase better quality cameras for less. I plan to tear into mine this weekend to verify that I can fit the wifi module inside the Furrion enclosure. In my old rig rather then having additional screen, I used a iOS/Android device to view the video. You would just need the adapter plate:

Furrion Adapter Plate from eBay

If it will fit and you wanted a screen the wifi adapter could be something like Esky Wireless Transmitter

The option I am going to test this weekend is something like WishRing Backup Transmitter

Then you can get any camera you want that has RCA output such as Esky Backup Camera.

During the PDI of my new 1/2017 built Imagine, I was told that the lead from the camera was only hot when the marker lights are turned on. I specifically questioned them because I had heard conflicting reports. The team at my dealership said they just started doing it and they just installed on on a Reflection and it only ran on the marker lights. I have yet to hear any confirmation from someone. Fingers crossed

I will report back to see if I can get a wifi adapter to fit inside the housing and hopefully make it look stock.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpareTire View Post
    The quality of the Furrion is so far behind what the camera technology is. You can purchase better quality cameras for less. I plan to tear into mine this weekend to verify that I can fit the wifi module inside the Furrion enclosure. In my old rig rather then having additional screen, I used a iOS/Android device to view the video. You would just need the adapter plate:

Furrion Adapter Plate from eBay

If it will fit and you wanted a screen the wifi adapter could be something like Esky Wireless Transmitter

The option I am going to test this weekend is something like WishRing Backup Transmitter

Then you can get any camera you want that has RCA output such as Esky Backup Camera.

During the PDI of my new 1/2017 built Imagine, I was told that the lead from the camera was only hot when the marker lights are turned on. I specifically questioned them because I had heard conflicting reports. The team at my dealership said they just started doing it and they just installed on on a Reflection and it only ran on the marker lights. I have yet to hear any confirmation from someone. Fingers crossed

I will report back to see if I can get a wifi adapter to fit inside the housing and hopefully make it look stock.
    I want to tie mine into the clearance light but could not figure out how to remove light to get to the wiring. I was afraid i would break it. Any helpful hints on how to remove light to access the wiring? Thought of just taking a coat hanger through the camera opening to try and grab the wiring to the clearance light but was afraid of screwing something up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what I planned to do if it the power was not hooked up to the clearance lights. Looks like you can remove the eyebrow like cover. If that is true removal of that should make it easer to gently fish the wires down if they are long enough.

I despise proprietary stuff, I wish someone would create standards for camera mounts and offer a universal mount to the manufactures. Argh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 30BH came with a back up camera but we have no paperwork on it or how it works . We asked the service tech that is working on our truck and he told us we just needed a monitor kit. We don't know anything about it. Can anyone tell us where we need to go to find this out

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texslady View Post
    Our 30BH came with a back up camera but we have no paperwork on it or how it works . We asked the service tech that is working on our truck and he told us we just needed a monitor kit. We don't know anything about it. Can anyone tell us where we need to go to find this out
    Is you 30bh new or used? GD reflections come "prepped" from the factory with the bracket and wiring for a furrion backup camera but the camera is NOT a factory option. Is it possible you just have the bracket?
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a new trailer 2017 model. We will have to look closer once we get it back from getting warranty work done on it .

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast