User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texslady View Post
    It is a new trailer 2017 model. We will have to look closer once we get it back from getting warranty work done on it .
    Unless the dealer installed a camera I am guessing you don't have one. It is prewired and the bracket is installed for a furrion wireless BU camera. There are 2 models and both come with the monitor, One is just for backing up and the other has image stabilization for use as a rear camera while traveling. http://www.furrion.com/store/cameras/
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an excellent video on how to wire in a 12V switch that is used to turn on and off the observation camera from inside the 5th Wheel; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmgVCbBsPLY . I have not triued this yet, but it is on my list of MODS.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Is there any real advantage to the 4ucam set up? When you add $20 for the adapter to the Furrion mount the price equals that of the FOS48TAPK-BL.
    A couple advantages are the 4U has a bigger screen and you can have a total of 4 cameras tied in to it. I just made my first trip with 4Ucam and it was pretty decent. It is aimed too far down so I could not see cars in back unless they were pretty close. I am going to re adjust today.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Below is a post with how I solved for the issue

Furrion Observation Camera Success

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Skippy View Post
    As far as the camera I installed the furion when I bought the camper last October. It worked all the time, even when parked and plugged into shore power which irritated me. I took it to the dealer and had them wire it to the running lights so I can turn it off via switching off the running lights in the daytime. The tapped into one of the wires near the camera mount. My rig is a 2017 also. I understand that some of the 2017's and later models are wired differently and they don't run constantly but maybe someone can verify this. Also as far as the furion cameras there are two different models. One is backup only. I opted for the other model that you can use going down the highway as well. Great to see vehicles behind you and it is wonderful to see you've cleared a car when you pass them.
    Sorry I can't help you with the water heater issue.
    Captian, is the video quality good while driving? Resolution sharp, refresh rate, etc ...? I have noticed in some camera reviews that the image can be choppy or not very good resolution.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2018 F350, Supercrew, Long bed, Powerstroke

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it very good unless the sun is shining directly into it from behind you. I constantly use it when moving, glancing at it frequently. Huge asset when passing another vehicle, as well as backing up. When backing I trust my wife spotting more but use both. In regards to passing a vehicle I look at the camera to see if anything is in the lane I'm moving into and look at the vehicle I pass and watch my shadow to be sure I'm clear to move over. Honestly all vehicles as well as campers should have cameras.

Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I briefly read the description of this camera. Is it rated as an observation camera? One that can be used when driving down the road. I have read the differences between the Furrion back up, and the observation cameras. I want a nice clear picture, and to be able to use it as I travel. Thanks for the help. Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does very well as an observation camera during daylight. Nighttime, not so good.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was aware of the constant on situation wired for the backup camera. Learning this I wired the camera to a running light . Works fine. When I want to back up during the day it requires me to turn on my lights. Also need to be aware that at night the camera is operating. Not a problem for me.
    I use a system that I saw on u tube. Purchased a WiFi transmitter and connected it to a camera. Purchased both on line for $58. The transmitter sends a signal to my iPad sitting on the dash. The software on the iPad is downloadable from the App. Store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I had a '15 Super Duty I had three different brands of backup cameras. They would all drop out (lose the signal) intermittently. I finally found out that the tire pressure monitor sensors were interfering with it. When you drive over a certain speed (5-10mph) the TPMS kicks in. From my experience with that truck using one for a backup camera is fine because the TPMS sensors aren't on, try using it as an observation camera and you will be disappointed.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast