User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EdyKishi,

I would suggest joining the forum and doing a search on backup/observation cameras on the forum. There are about a hundred post with different brands discussed, stores purchased, mounting instructions for wiring into the running lights. Also post about mounting TV's in the bedroom, camping areas, fixes and GD notes. Be the best $12 you ever spent. But yes there are several different camera out there that people have used. I'm just guessing, but I think most have ended up with the Furrion and wired it into the running lights.

When we took the 5th wheel in for our annual state inspection I had the dealer do the installation. Wasn't much money and they did it while waiting for parts to replace the axle seals.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupins View Post
    In this photo, does anyone know which wires are what? The white and green are the running lights, the Black wire with the connector, plugs into camera, that leaves the 2 black wires, is that the camera wire that has been cut, one end is taped, and the other with the black and red leads will be connected to the running lights?

Thanks Mark......
    Id like to know the answer too...Unsure what to hook and where. I assume you fish the white and green wires up and connect to the black and red?
    2023 Ram 2500 Mega diesel
    2023 Imagine 2910
    Gone but not forgotten:
    2018 Imagine 2400BH - with chaise lounge

Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera

I believe the Furrion is back-up only. I am using a 4Ucam. It has a 7 inch monitor, and is observation and back-up. It is available with an adapter to fit the furrion mount. I wired it directly to the running lights. When lights are on, the camera is on. The camera does not remain powered when we are at a campsite. The monitor is a bit large though, but very easy to see.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry & Barbara View Post
    I believe the Furrion is back-up only. I am using a 4Ucam. It has a 7 inch monitor, and is observation and back-up. It is available with an adapter to fit the furrion mount. I wired it directly to the running lights. When lights are on, the camera is on. The camera does not remain powered when we are at a campsite. The monitor is a bit large though, but very easy to see.
    Furrion sells both a backup only and an observation camera with image stabilization for travel use.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel soooo old ! I'm using a hardwired camera mounted on the ladder with coax run down the ladder rail under the RV up to the front pin box where it has a connector to the coax in my truck bed. Works without any interference with other systems and only when I push the "on/off" button located on the monitor.
    One of these days I'll have to move up to one of those fang-dangled remote controlled wireless do jobbers.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feel too bad. I have a "wireless " system but had to run a coax extension to the top front of my RV to receive the signal in the truck. You probably have a much better video feed than I have too.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anybody make mount for the Furrion monitor to put it on the rear view mirror? I found one on amazon but, it make it hang below the mirror. I thought the bind spot it made was to large.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott d View Post
    Does anybody make mount for the Furrion monitor to put it on the rear view mirror? I found one on amazon but, it make it hang below the mirror. I thought the bind spot it made was to large.
    I just use rubber bands to attach the monitor to the rear view mirror. . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theclarks View Post
    I just use rubber bands to attach the monitor to the rear view mirror. . . . .
    We do the same. It's less shaky than the Furrion windshield mount, and it's the natural place you look when you want to see behind your truck.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    We do the same. It's less shaky than the Furrion windshield mount, and it's the natural place you look when you want to see behind your truck.

Jim
    Jim, can i get a picture of your rubber band mount.
    2023 Ram 2500 Mega diesel
    2023 Imagine 2910
    Gone but not forgotten:
    2018 Imagine 2400BH - with chaise lounge

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast