Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Good luck... I expect we will see some time at Samson this summer. The two youngest kids ( well not so young) both are working just down the road from Sampson at Babcock Hovey, the Boy Scout camp on Seneca lake...
    Thanks, got out of the state park with no issues. We spend a lot of time at Sampson (once warm weather arrives) because we've got a boat at the marina there. She's a 340 Sundancer called "Just Right" - hence the screen name Tim340. Stop down some time if we're around and say hi.
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BabyBober,
    Just wanted to say congrat's. Its been a long while since we first talked and the long waiting time, then the roof fiasco etc. We just got back today in the #303, second shakedown, so far so good, only minimal stuff. Enjoy, and remember what I said: a year from now, you will look back at this and hopefully laugh! the last 2 weeks for you was hard for me to read and a lot harder for you to get through. Hopefully they went through it carefully after last weeks mess.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    t stays for customers to move stuff from one to the other and check out what they just bought. We had some issues, the next day the service department had all the necessary parts and pieces and retrained us. My wife videoed, she made me watch it before our first trip. This dealership really has it together, we've owned 6 RV and none of the other dealers even come close. This was an email/phone order and purchase - both parties let me know when my 5r was scheduled for dealer arrival and VIN number.
    For every good experience, there has to a bad one. We bought from Wilkins, our rig had a number of problems, they seemed to want to deny or blame me for them. For instance, the AC was barely performing, said I was expecting too much of it. It wasn't long before it failed completely. Had it replaced by a different dealer. The PDI was worthless, I knew more about the rig than the technician and I had barely laid eyes on it. I could go on and on.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    BabyBober,
    Just wanted to say congrat's. Its been a long while since we first talked and the long waiting time, then the roof fiasco etc. We just got back today in the #303, second shakedown, so far so good, only minimal stuff. Enjoy, and remember what I said: a year from now, you will look back at this and hopefully laugh! the last 2 weeks for you was hard for me to read and a lot harder for you to get through. Hopefully they went through it carefully after last weeks mess.
    Thanks. I am good. Monday just really was a bad day all the way around. Saturday went much better. Really I expected to have minor issues, it is a camper after all. Really it was only the dealer response that got me ticked off... I spent today starting to go through things . Found a smal. Leak behind the nautilus panel. Tightened the fitting and all is good. Found the shower leaked under the doorframe . Because it flexes there was not a good seal. Just grabbed a tube of silicone and put a fresh head on. Will check it tomorrow once it cures. Now for the bigger one. The fresh water tank gauge doesn't work. Stuck on empty. Gonna need to trace that one. Hopefully won't need to drop the bottom cover. All in all these are l title things. The unit is georgeous . Looking forward to a shakedown next weekend. Hopefully I will make it out to the west coast again one day..

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we name the dealers we have problems with? I have noticed many problems with dealers however nobody calls them out by name. Is it a legal situation? If one has proof that an exchange occurred, wouldn't the person who posted be covered since it is a factual account of the conversation? Can any Attorneys on the site comment?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hit The Road View Post
    Can we name the dealers we have problems with? I have noticed many problems with dealers however nobody calls them out by name. Is it a legal situation? If one has proof that an exchange occurred, wouldn't the person who posted be covered since it is a factual account of the conversation? Can any Attorneys on the site comment?
    Some dealer names have been mentioned on various complaint threads. I know I'm less than enamored by Mike Thompson's service (So Cal).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard about MTRV, it's our closest dealer . I have heard decent things about Trailer Hitch RV up on the coast. They also have very good prices on the coaches. We are looking at purchasing next year and continue to do the homework on dealerships and campgrounds.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Focusing on the positive, a very good lengthy thread evolved sharing feedback on the better dealers. Here is that thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...=happy+dealers

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard about MTRV, it's our closest dealer . I have heard decent things about Trailer Hitch RV up on the coast. They also have very good prices on the coaches. We are looking at purchasing next year and continue to do the homework on dealerships and campgrounds.
    We used Trailer Hitch RV to get a quote, which Mike Thompson's matched. I don't really have an issue with their sales department (except, of course, as with all such purchases, the push to "add on" stuff). But the service department there (like many others I've read) isn't the greatest.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345