User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microwave not working

So, we just picked up Imagine 2950RL and took it out for our first "test" camp. We discovered two issues: 1) the drivers side front stabilizer is hosed. We noticed it and pointed it out at delivery that it didn't look right, but the Tech said it should be fine. It's not. The whole thing is bent, including the threaded shaft. 2) the microwave does not work. The display lights up, you can set cooking time and press start, the count down goes, but the turn table does not move and nothing gets even a little bit warm.

I thought I had read where someone had the same microwave issue before, but dang if I can find it now. Anyway, fairly minor issues on an otherwise enjoyable trip.

Thanks,
    Mike
    2007 Ram 3500 CrewCab SRW 6.7L 4x4
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah, the old shake down trip. Sounds like easy stuff to fix and/or replace. I'm glad there is nothing serious.

Jim

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog03 View Post
    So, we just picked up Imagine 2950RL and took it out for our first "test" camp. We discovered two issues: 1) the drivers side front stabilizer is hosed. We noticed it and pointed it out at delivery that it didn't look right, but the Tech said it should be fine. It's not. The whole thing is bent, including the threaded shaft. 2) the microwave does not work. The display lights up, you can set cooking time and press start, the count down goes, but the turn table does not move and nothing gets even a little bit warm.

I thought I had read where someone had the same microwave issue before, but dang if I can find it now. Anyway, fairly minor issues on an otherwise enjoyable trip.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Regarding the microwave. Is it a microwave/convection combo? If so, you need to tell it you want the microwave before setting the time and pressing start.

Yeah, I found out just putting in the time and hitting start doesn't do it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is just a microwave, the kind installed above the range vent hood.
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog03 View Post
    I think it is just a microwave, the kind installed above the range vent hood.
    Look at the book, it'll tell you whether it's a microwave/convection combo. Our micro/convection combo replaced the microwave only (above the stove) in our 2017 model. Prior to that it was just a microwave.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Look at the book, it'll tell you whether it's a microwave/convection combo. Our micro/convection combo replaced the microwave only (above the stove) in our 2017 model. Prior to that it was just a microwave.
    Nope, I just went out and checked. Just a microwave. Good suggestion though! Thanks!
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The microwave is now fixed. It was just a loose connection on the door safety interconnect switches.
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Microwave keypad is bad. Only 1 and 6 work.

My mistake, Must press 0 first
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont buy anything with a Furrion microwave/convection...mine died after 8 months use,and dont call GD...call Furrion instead...much better service and faster.

Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Furrion microwave/convection just died. We had used it yesterday no problem. My wife had heated something up, and took it out just before the timer counted down leaving about 3 seconds on the screen. (not sure that should have any impact) She went to use it this morning, when she opened the door, there was a bright flash, then nothing. Nothing on the display screen, no indication of power. I checked and cycled all the breakers including the shore power. Nothing. I checked the outlet it is plugged in to, and it proper power per my tester (lights up indicating good power). Still nothing on the microwave, it appears to have just died. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions. I intend to call Furrion in the morning, but not sure how that will go. I believe the microwave only has a 1 year warranty, and the unit is just over 15 months old. If I get no help from Furrion, any suggestions for a replacement micro/convection oven?

2017 Reflection 303rls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast