User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings From Cedar Creek Texas New Owners 2017 Imagine 2950RL

Hello Everyone, We are Steve & Tami Cass from Cedar Creek Texas, its near Austin. Just signed up and paid subscription to this GD RV forum.

As title implies we just bought our 2017 GD 2950RL from Crestview RV Buda and took it out on its maiden voyage Mothers Day weekend and loved every bit of the experience. We looked at a lot of RVs and attended a lot of RV shows before deciding on this make and model to complement our current plans.

We tow with a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, a new 90-00-1000 Equalizer 4 point sway control hitch and new electric brake control. The rig is well mannered on good pulling days. Here in south central Texas we can get gusty winds and very hot days but that's all a part of the RV experience. I do pull a 20 foot enclosed trailer hauling classic, vintage, muscle car and truck vehicles.

We are not total new to RV's. Last ownership was back in the 80's when the kids were young, man have RV's changed!! But Tami and I dusted off our memories, created laminated check off sheets for RV & Tow vehicle interior & exterior items to go through. Hitching, towing, site & RV set up, unhitching, RV connection to power, sewage, water and so forth, then tear down and start the process all over again. Keeps us coordinated and not miss anything.

A little about ourselves, I'm 61 a Navy veteran, retired from NCR Corp and semi-retired business owner of a vintage vehicle restoration shop. My wife Tami and I have been married 40 years. She is looking to retire in the near future from St David's Hosp in Austin. Our kids and grandkids live up in Kokomo Indiana and near Dayton Ohio. Our plans, once we are both fully retired, is to spend summers up in the north with the kids and grandkids and winters back down here in Texas, most likely near Galveston Island.

Our plans include trying out the RV lifestyle and if it agrees with us in a few years trading up to a Dodge 3500 1 ton and pulling the 2950RL RV. Then eventually selling our home and stepping up to a 5th wheel for permanent RV living.

Well that's a little about us, we look forward to sharing with Y'all (its a Texas thing).

Most Kind Regards,

Steve & Tami

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congratulations, Steve & Tami !.......wonderful forum with friendly and helpful folks. Steve, still have my 67 Camaro (my first car) I bought on HS Graduation in 74.......we'll have to talk muscle cars some time !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan, absolutely! Tami and I both grew up in Kokomo Indiana. Her father worked for Chrysler for 30 years at the transmission plant and my family worked for GM Delco back in the day.
    One of the things we have to decide just before we go permanent RV is selling off our cars. Was 6 now down to 4.

We are so excited about our new RV, we want to take it out every weekend. Doesn't leave much time for vintage cars.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Steve! Welcome to our group
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy, Howdy Steve! Welcome aboard and glad you're here.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy, Howdy Steve! Welcome aboard and glad you're here.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve & Tami, we just joined the forum and noticed you were near by and wanted to reach out and say 'hello' to a fellow Texan. We live in Mineola and am very excited about meeting fellow Grand Designer's

We love the RV community and lifestyle, as well. We are both looking to retire in the next couple of years and touring all the US National Parks as a lofty bucket list goal.

Are you planning on attending the October Rally? If so, we hope to meet you. If you have any local rv plans prior to that, please let us know, and perhaps we can meet earlier

Kind Regards, Terre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! another East Texas Car Guy! Just Busted th wife..rvbydesign, on this thing. LOL I was looking around for Input on upgrade mattress!
    Welcome! Hope to meet yall down th road sometime. Rob

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! Yup have already made reservations for the Oct Rally in Conroe. We will be spending a few days down on Galveston Island then coming up to Conroe for the GD Rally.

We don't have any plans right now to do much RV traveling. Between Tami's work schedule at the hosp, and my restoration shop (working on a friends 53 Studebaker Champion and 73 Mercedes 450SL right now) it doesn't leave much time to go RV'ing just yet. Still have to carve out some time to work on our 74 Dart Sport and get it back on the road. Sold my 39 Chrysler Coupe and 66 Charger a while back, just cant keep them all!

We manage to sneak away for a quick RV weekend close by now and then. There are a lot of RV resorts and parks around Austin. Told Tami if nothing else I would run a 30-50 amp service out of the shop to plug the RV into and camp in the back yard.

I have come to know this forum is GREAT! Full of good people and experienced RV'ers. Glad to be associated with yall.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel