User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Texas Austin / San Marcos Area Longhorn RV Resort

If you plan on being in South Central Texas around the Austin / San Marcos area, we suggest the Longhorn RV Resort http://longhornrvresort.com/. Its a new RV Resort located in the small town of Neiderwald a short drive from Highway 71 or I 35 on Highway 21. Very easy to get to any of the surrounding areas. approx. 30 minutes to Austin, 20 minutes to Bastrop, 15-20 min to San Marcos / Buda, 30 minutes to New Braunfels, 40-45 minutes to San Antonio.

Crestview RV Sales and Service is located in Buda Texas and services Grand Design and they are right on I35. A huge Cabela's right across the street from Crestview RV. Crestview also has a nice campground on site. They also have an RV parts store.
    Outlet stores in San Marcos on I35 including a Coleman superstore.
    Camping World is located the New Braunfels right off I 35.
    You should also pay a visit to Gruene (pronounced Green) Texas near New Braunfels. The oldest dance hall in Texas is in Gruene, free country music bands on Saturday afternoons, several antique stores and old mill turned into a great restaurant on the Guadalupe River. Also very near Cooper's open pit BBQ, you have to try Texas BBQ!!

Easy access from the Longhorn RV Resort to I35 & Toll Road 130 to San Antonio and I 10. Easy access to Highway 71 through Bastrop to Houston. RV Resort is very near Circuit Of The Americas Formula 1 race track.

Visit their web site for more information. Laundry, store, 70 acre lake, swimming pool, service and repair on site, propane, large spacious sites, full hook ups including cable TV right next to sites.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Holy mackerel... $50 a night? Too rich for my blood.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are discounts for Good Sam members, could get it down @ 45 a night. Only problem is they raise their rates substantially during COTA of other events in Austin like SXSW.

Through central Texas, Austin area and traveling south and east toward Interstate 10 you might want to check out taking Highway 71 out of Austin through Bastrop toward Interstate 10. Bastrop is growing in RV camping sites, short and long term stays. by my count there are now 8 parks in the area along Hwy71. Another new park just opened up in March at Alum Creek. Some as low as $34 per night full hook ups. Might be a nice stop over for you. If you want to go farther down to I10, there is a nice little camp ground just to the west of the I10 Hwy 71 interchange. Whispering Oaks I think is the name of it. About $35 / night full hook ups depending on discounts. Easy on and off going either way east to Houston or west to San Antonio.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy Cow! read in the paper last week that 3 more campgrounds are opening up this year in and around Bastrop. That makes 11 not counting the state parks. A mixture of long & short term accomidation campgrounds. Short stays of 35-50 / night depending on the amenities. Most have a laundry on site. Some are catering specifically to the retired & snowbird community. One now has an on site storage building and a lockable store room comes with your site rental. I guess they are trying to out do each other.
    All of them seem to have sites 30/50 amp, water, sewer, WiFi and cable. Long term, some as little as $370/month with metered power, some 450-475 and higher / month without metered power and depending on amenities. Most have paved sites some have gravel sites.

They keep this up and Bastrop will become another capitol of RV camping/living. It's incredible how fast they are building these campgrounds around here.