User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cope View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I had the same problem while camping with the loss of available icons for control of the touch screen panel
    Thanks Eric, yup that is the problem. I live in mine so I am at the control panel several times a day. Go away, reboot, come back I could live with. But the day will come when I am required to vacating my site by 1pm. If I can't control slides and level up this becomes a problem. If I can't vacate my site appropriately it has the potential of getting pretty expensive. Just miss a check out time at a fancy place and see what happens. Not to mention the disservice to the guy coming in behind you. Not a scene I care for.

The One Control system is pretty new. Before I retired I did a lot of new system initialization. There are always problems. Some critical, most not. The key to the whole thing is taking the time and patience to identify where the failure occurs and why the failure occurs. It takes time, it takes testing, it takes thoroughly understanding the system. I have yet to make contact with a knowledgeable expert. (no offense intended Curtis, I appreciate your sounding board and ideas) It will be a good conversation once I get there, in the mean time I have to wade through standard responses.

My advice to you is to watch this thread. I will eventually discover the cause of this problem.

Dallas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why I am REALLY glad we bought our Momentum before this system was in use.

It creates too many Single Points of Failure, and when time is critical it's a real mess to try to figure out. It is also it's own WiFi network, and I want to be able to shut off any extra sources of RFI when I'm working with my radio gear. I can do that with my own WiFi setup, can't see a way to do that with this system.

I want physical switches for my lights/awnings/slideouts, and the good, reliable hardware control for the generator.

There are also a lot of folks that use their RV as a "bug out vehicle" or "plan b" when the stuff hits the fan. They absolutely want things simple and reliable. I get quite a few that send me questions about our site, and what I'm hearing from them is that they see these issues and won't go near this system.

I love technology and work with automation systems every day in an office building. I have to say that an RV like this is the wrong place to try to integrate things to that level. I hope that GD goes back to basics before we are in the market for our next trailer (which I anticipate will be a long time off).

It looks likes you are on the road to identifying the issue. I hope you are able to solve it.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Leveling Gone.
    Lighting is reduced to Awning Light, no others.
    Monitor Gone. Includes water heater settings.
    Slides. When it stays has main only, I lose both LR slide controls.

1&2 are connected to a lighting control center. Is it the only one? I still have to remove the other panel and crawl.
    3&4 are connected to "Multifunction Receiver with selectable fuses" box. (I am thinking this is where my problem resides, but I have no proof)

Trace the loop? That's funny, I am on my second scotch and cognitive thinking is minimal.

Curtis, I did some computer work back in the day. Daisy chain was one of the network protocols that I dealt with. "Multiple devices are wired together in sequence or in a ring." That technology is so old that I can't quite grasp why it would be used here. Just not getting the daisy chain thing. Sorry, user error.

I still have to chase the cables down. They disappear into another section of compartment. I don't know if they just loop back or if they are connected to something.

Tomorrow I will dig again.

Dallas
    There are some other controllers besides the ones behind that panel. If you open the front basement door (generator area) and look up you will find the leveler controller and if I recall the slide controllers or at least one of the slide controllers should be there as well. There are also some components behind the touch screen panel, slide it up 1/4" and it comes off and you can see whats behind it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're losing leveler and monitor icons when it freezes, but you lose control over everything?
    Leveling Gone.
    Lighting is reduced to Awning Light, no others.
    Monitor Gone. Includes water heater settings.
    Slides. When it stays has main only, I lose both LR slide controls.................. Copied this, this is exactly what happened to me, 2x during the same weekend.
    Eric & Monique Cope...never left at home, our dog, Olive. Machipongo VA.
    2017 350M
    2017 F350 DRW, Crew cab, 8 ft bed, 4.10 axle. 27,500 lb. Reese Hitch
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dallas, will do!
    2017 350M
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    This is why I am REALLY glad we bought our Momentum before this system was in use…. I hope you are able to solve it.
    I did a lot of new technology installation in my former career. From what I can see so far this system is excellent. It just has a little bug that needs to be worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    There are some other controllers besides the ones behind that panel. …
    I found the level up controller and the generator controller. I still need to ID another method of doing the slides. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cope View Post
    …this is exactly what happened to me, 2x during the same weekend.
    I assume that since it happened twice it came back within a few minutes. Just out of curiosity, if you can, check it from time to time and post if you see it out.

Since resetting all of the Canbus connectors mine has not gone out again.

Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    One other question. I see one of the modules has lights on them. Do you see anything else on the other panels with LEDs?.
    Curtis don’t give up on me. Keep asking questions and making suggestions.

I have not seen any lights indicating communication like what we used to see on the back of a 2400 baud modem.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It came back on, only after cutting power to RV. Yes, if it happens again, I'll pay more attention to the episode and report back.
    2017 350M
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a lot of new technology installation in my former career. From what I can see so far this system is excellent. It just has a little bug that needs to be worked out.

I found the level up controller and the generator controller. I still need to ID another method of doing the slides. Thanks for the tip.

I assume that since it happened twice it came back within a few minutes. Just out of curiosity, if you can, check it from time to time and post if you see it out.

Since resetting all of the Canbus connectors mine has not gone out again.

Curtis don’t give up on me. Keep asking questions and making suggestions.

I have not seen any lights indicating communication like what we used to see on the back of a 2400 baud modem.
    Not giving up on you Dallas. Oh how I wish you were here in so Cal right now. I'd take days off work to troubleshoot this with you.

Part of me is saying this is an issue lying at the main controller. The other part of me is saying something is corrupting the data in the chain. That part of me that leans towards main panel is noting repeats exactly what you experience. However, maybe something will change when you find the other controllers.

Sorry for the delays. I'm not at a computer on the weekends so I have to respond from my phone.

I'm sorry you're going through this, but I'm actually looking forward to working through this with you. This is the stuff I dig.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope that's true.

It still creates a major SPOF - one which can make such mundane things as lights inoperable, and places even more important systems like the generator and slides in jeopardy at the very times they may be most needed. Give me fully manual controls for these any day of the week.

I do believe that this could be perfected, but it has one big problem. It's from LCI. They buy other companies. Their overall quality isn't known for being the best (reference the furniture in the Momentums with the fraying stitching, the axle/seal issues, the issue with some of the Furrion products (another LCI company), etc.).

You also have piece-rate workers on the assembly line installing this, with all of the associated wiring and everything else, as fast as they possibly can. Installing an integration/automation system like this without paying proper care and having a modicum of training on these systems is another strike against it.

I'm sure that whoever LCI bought that created this product had the best intentions, but didn't have it quite finished. Will LCI dedicate the resources and money needed to finish the product and make it truly right, or will they settle for it being "good enough'? History says it will be the latter. The fact that plenty of people are having issues with it (as demonstrated on other forums as well), and that we can only assume they knew it wasn't quite ready at the factory, also points to the latter.

I don't want to come in and take a big dump in your thread, but I'm sure that honchos at Grand Design are reading this. I hope they consider this in the design of their future trailers. It looks nice on paper, and it's a flashy system that makes the trailer look ever more high-end. It also has the potential for one system to render the entire trailer useless with no manual override options easily presented. That's not good.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this system in my Momentum and ive had the issue once; a system restart fixed it. I agree some backup switches would be great. Ive thought of some ways to add a backup set of switches for everything but i dont want to fry the components if my assumptions are incorrect on system operation. I called LCI and they said it should be posssible, but ultimately refferred me to GD since they wired it. GD said dont do it as it will void warranty on components since its a modification. I hope the problem gets figured out and we get some lessons learned.

To play devils advocate, this isnt a new system, it's new to GD. You can read other forums back as far as 2011/2012 that have this system installed in other RVs. Based on the few people here that have this problem, i think percentage wise, its not too bad.

Also, yes there are no manual switches, but even in a manual system slide motors and other non-switch components can fail and make the system inoperable. Not all the lights are controlled by MYRV, only exterior and main area, the other rooms are manual switches, there is a manual controller for the leveling system and the slides have a manual override procedure.

This is the way the industry is headed; the same thing happened in the auto industry. Think how people felt and perceived all the computers and sensors that can render a vehicle useless when they fail. Those that say they wont purchase an RV with this system have no problem purchasing a new or late model new truck, yet if any of the major sensors or computer fail you are stuck. Granted parts are more readily available for vehicles, but same concept.

Anyway, i hope the thread stays on topic and gets to the root cause of the icon issue. Just my two cents.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast