User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Dallas, it's been another month. Is all still good?
    Not an issue since the original post. Of course I just jinxed myself, but that's the way it goes.

Since original post I found a whole bunch of stuff behind the little pad display in the cabinet. Easy unplug/plug back in reset. At this point I am pretty impressed that such Tech works.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear. Like everything else you read you start to believe that everything is badly made and it is going to break or happen to you. We all have to remember that there are hundreds or thousands of units that are not/never effected.

The only issue I had was three different lights were incorrectly connected. Example, porch light would turn front accent lights. Front accent would turn on flood light. By going through the access panel in the basement and making the appropriate correct wiring connections, every is good again.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That fuse thing is interesting. I wonder if the system monitors voltage in for each device. If the fuse goes, so does the icon(s) powered by that fuse.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my one control panel only shows my RV. Other icons (such as awning,lights) are gone.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried all of the suggestions throughout this thread? If you have or have not, let us know what you have attempted as far as troubleshooting and that would be a good starting point for assistance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad I'm not the only person with this issue. I've had nights where we've had to sit in darkness because I can't get the lights to turn on. I've had nights where we've had to sleep with lights on because I can't get them turned off. (Thanks to D2Reid's post about the red key in the basement. Would have been nice had our dealership mentioned that...)

To those still having this issue - next time it occurs, can you check and see if anything else goes offline? When all but one of my lights disappear, the bedroom slide out tab also disappears, along with another top-level icon (of what, I can't remember). I can sort of live with the lights not working, but if we're going to check out of a campground and can't get a slide in, that's another story...

The guy I just spoke with at GDRV dodged any responsibility, saying it could be a litany of issues for different people, not everyone having the exact same problem. (Of course that's plausible, but after reading this thread, this seems like a systemic problem with the system somewhere.) He also said the 2018 Momentums are being shipped with physical override switches for the hydraulic components and that it might be an option to get my dealer to install this on my 2017. Whatever they do, they need to fix this. This is pretty unacceptable.

So my next call will be to Lippert. The GDRV guy said they'd be able to help better, since it's a Lippert component, and, according to him, GDRV "knows just enough to get by". Yikes...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that it seems to far off "to get by" because the system is basically plug and play, with a little programming of the outputs. The backbone is designed and built by LCI. After Dallas checked his connections, he hasn't seeming had any further problems and other poster has responded back, so I'm not sure if there are any more on going issues. Check the linking harnesses is the basement and see if they're good and check all the connections that are under screw terminals if it occurs again.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert has a programming guide that you can download. It is called the MyRV Programming Manual. We lost our bedroom slide, and followed the instructions to modify or add devices. Should work for dropped icons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found our problem and an emergency method to retract the slides… We had turned on the Lippard unit and discovered we lost the MyRv option completely including the icons and the ability to control any devices going through the panel. After reading this thread we killed the power several times and the icons would not return. We tried the pinhole reset button on the control panel and that didn't work either. We then went to the main wiring control board; ours is mounted in the front storage compartment hanging on the roof, the one with visible fuses and really with no protection. On the face of the board is two sets of wire connectors, each with two wires, and are plugged into the face of the board. We tried to make sure these were fully connected only to have them come off in our hands with the connector pins sheared off. The design is terrible. There is an extension connector that goes on the two pins sticking up from the board and then another wire connector goes on the extension. Then the whole board is potted with a rubber compound. We cut away some of the compound to expose the two tiny wire posts and removed the extension piece, about 1/4" long, then removed some of the plastic nipples to expose the wire post ends. Held these in place and abracadabra, the icons came back on. With the control lit up, all of our icons, our unit has 4, (awning, lights, leveling, slides) came back on. When we moved the connectors we were holding and lost good contact, all the icons would go off after about 10-15 seconds but they would immediately come back on when a good connection was made again. This tells us that these connections were the problem before they broke all the off.
    At one point, before we figured out the pins, we just wanted to get the slides in so we then jumped the control board mentioned above in the outside compartment. We did this with a separate wire we had around, we jumped from the positive lead coming in the board to the other side and easily found out we could get the slides to move in and out, depending on which other wire (screw) we jumped to. It didn’t move the feet but we have a secondary control panel outside for leveling that still functioned and used that to control the feet. This unit is still under warranty so we have left a message with the dealer to see if they will replace the board and haven’t heard back yet. If they do, we plan on reinforcing these pins somehow before installing the board. If they don’t, we will have to see how we can permanently attach these broken pins back together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forums are new for me, so please forgive the shortness of my message or improper communication. I have similar LCI issues with icons dropping off (CAN 4 image) during critical times... for example last night. This forum and message string really helped me get “back online” after flipping the controller breaker. I am going to keep an eye on the frequency and success of this “solution” and repost in the coming months. If that’s all it takes, then I am good.

Also, the jumper trick on the slides is an excellent “good to know”. Thank you. Does anyone have similar work around for the hot water heater if the LCI issue were to persist?

Thank you again to everyone for their observations, insight and solutions. Ya’ll really saved me last night.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast