User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Just wanted to add that I contacted the GD factory guys and showed them the photos. They are going to the factory floor this morning to see what they need to do to prevent this issue in the future.

Jim
    Excellent! Thanks, Jim.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, excellent thread! I needed more work[emoji3]. You may also ask the factory to be a little more diligent in sealing the vents in the "race track". I started checking mine and found that about half of them had poor seals , simply cooling the inner roof as opposed to interior space! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have a front AC, but when I was replacing a vent screen, I discovered that the racetrack prep for the front AC had been sliced open during the roof vent installation. Cooling the inner roof space for two years !! See https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ning+duct+tape

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob, going tom heck ours as well.
    John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'll just be.........

When we had our A/C issues at the GD rally a month ago, in order for the dealer to do the warranty paperwork, they needed photos of the model number, serial number, etc. They told me to take the grate off and described where the sticker was that I need to take a shot of. I did what they said and took the photos. AND.....as I was taking the photos, I was cussing at this confounded white piece of styrofoam or whatever panel thing that was getting in the way of my shots. At one point I thought, thank God this stupid thing isn't attached or I wouldn't be able to move it around to get a better shot of the label.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!???? I was moving this un-secured baffle all around. [Tom does a face palm plant].

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

I'm gonna fix that sucka pronto so my new A/C unit doesn't suffer. LOL.....wouldn't it be a hoot if I discovered that the dealer's tech, that did the new A/C install, sealed the baffle like it should be??

Tom

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    Well I'll just be.........

When we had our A/C issues at the GD rally a month ago, in order for the dealer to do the warranty paperwork, they needed photos of the model number, serial number, etc. They told me to take the grate off and described where the sticker was that I need to take a shot of. I did what they said and took the photos. AND.....as I was taking the photos, I was cussing at this confounded white piece of styrofoam or whatever panel thing that was getting in the way of my shots. At one point I thought, thank God this stupid thing isn't attached or I wouldn't be able to move it around to get a better shot of the label.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!???? I was moving this un-secured baffle all around. [Tom does a face palm plant].

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

I'm gonna fix that sucka pronto so my new A/C unit doesn't suffer. LOL.....wouldn't it be a hoot if I discovered that the dealer's tech, that did the new A/C install, sealed the baffle like it should be??

Tom
    Too funny! Glad you discovered it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update.....

So I inspected the main A/C unit that was replaced under warranty and guess what I saw? That panel that had been previously loose was all taped up into place and a good seal between the exit and intake. So obviously the tech that installed the new unit knew how to make the installation correct.

Now.....as for the front A/C unit that was installed at the factory. Meh......was just as some here have experienced.

Maybe the General RV tech that did my work needs to give a class to some production folks at GD. DOH!

Tom

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

On this post I do not see the described pictures, and I am a site sponsor having paid the $12. Is there something I'm not doing to view these? This is very interesting to me as I have noticed my bedroom A/C is not cooling as well as it was on the two previous trips. I am thinking this baffle may have fallen down or moved to allow the mixing of the air flows as described.

Thank you
    Lee and Michelle
    2017 Reflections 303RLS Build Date 12/14/16
    2015 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.2L V8 3.73
    B&W Turnover ball and Andersen Ult 5th Wheel
    Prev:2015 Keystone Passport 2890RL
    2014 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost with Max Towing Package
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/Trailer Tow Group 3.6L 4x4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bode View Post
    Jim,

On this post I do not see the described pictures, and I am a site sponsor having paid the $12. Is there something I'm not doing to view these? This is very interesting to me as I have noticed my bedroom A/C is not cooling as well as it was on the two previous trips. I am thinking this baffle may have fallen down or moved to allow the mixing of the air flows as described.

Thank you
    Lee - Sometimes it takes a little while for a recent site sponsor to get updated. If you'd like I'll email the pictures to you. Just send me a PM with your email address and I'll get those right out to you.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a chance to check out both of the A/Cs in our 2017 337. Both had some minor gaps, but nothing major. Taped them up anyway.

But I did find that the bedroom A/C, which was factory installed, only had one of the vents opened into the race track.

John
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast