User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have Metropolitan Life for our truck, trailer, home and boat. I've used them for years and was thrilled with how they handled our total loss last year. The truck and trailer were covered under our auto policy, and our personal items were covered under our home-owner's policy with full replacement value. The claim was handled promptly, fairly and completely. They made sure we got a rental car right away to get home and I felt like they were on our side when dealing with Ford. The overall payout was well in excess of $100K and our rates did not increase when we renewed our policy earlier this year. This is what they had to work with:

Jim
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 06-25-2017 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had Costco/Ameriprise on our home, autos, truck plus an umbrella. We've been with them for twelve years. Due to a good credit rating, accident free/ticket free driving record, good claim history and other factors, our premiums are very, very low.

When we tried to add the fiver last year, they politely said no. They only write RV policies on motor homes. Fine. We insured it with Good Sam (National General). As expected, NGIC couldn't get close to our home/auto rates so those policies remained with Ameriprise.

Fast forward a year and I call Ameriprise to check if they cover fifth wheels yet. A very rude agent told me to expect non-renewal of our policies because - are you ready for this? - we were using our RAM 3500 dually diesel to actually tow a RV trailer. Maybe he thinks people buy such a vehicle solely to haul potting soil from Home Depot twice a year. We disclosed the friggin RV on the umbrella for the love of Pete!

I explained our full RV coverage under the NGIC policy but he was still claiming we were somehow defrauding them by towing a trailer type they chose to not insure.

We finally got it worked out with the underwriters but we had to get a one-off Ameriprise RV policy that cost an extra $150 a year and covers less. We were told they only did this because we had been such loyal customers and they were doing us a big favor.

Insurance companies are coming up with the stupidest excuses to non-renew. I have a friend who got cancelled by Geico for having a winch on his Jeep. Is it just me or are insurance companies becoming more hostile and arrogant to their customers? They act like they're doing you a big favor by taking your business.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Ski View Post

Insurance companies are coming up with the stupidest excuses to non-renew. I have a friend who got cancelled by Geico for having a winch on his Jeep. Is it just me or are insurance companies becoming more hostile and arrogant to their customers? They act like they're doing you a big favor by taking your business.
    I don't think it's just insurance companies......it's a sign of the social times. People, especially younger folks who grew up with social media, are used to making snappy, rude comments on-line, and it continues into their work lives. The stories of insurance companies looking for a reason to drop someone have been around my entire adult life, so 40+ years. I have no problem taking my money elsewhere.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We have AAA, and Good Sam.
    We dropped Triple A towing service because they would not honor their contract. My truck weighs in at Roughly 9000 pounds According to the manufacturer label on the door. They're towing service Says they will tell up to 10000 pounds, and their tow driver refused to tow me on a breakdown one night. Ironically I called my insurance company, State Farm, they called the tow company up and the same towtruck and driver came out and towed the vehicle. The driver said Triple A would not tow and F350 dually because of its weight even though it falls under their weight limit. According to the manufacturer Decal on the door.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdawgfan View Post
    Hmmm...we do have full time coverage on our 303RLS from State Farm. As others have stated if under tow then the trailer is covered by the truck policy. Other than that we have a State Farm Policy with $500 deductible policy for any other time.
    Same here except we carry high deductibles. We have a $2000 deductible on the trailer. Annual policy is $354/yr which includes Comp, collision and emergency road service. Liability is covered via our umbrella policy.

We have big deductibles on Comp and Collision but carry high liability ($2 million) coverage's on all risks with umbrella policy.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV insurance - our Blue Sky Policy is being cancelled!

I think I posted that in the wrong spot, I apologize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have both State Farm and Progressive.

SF for our 2017 F-450 and Grand Design Solitude 369-RL
    Progressive for our 2006 F-550, Lance 1191 truck camper and 14' cargo trailer we tow behind it.

We had two claims this year on the F-550 with Progressive for a broken windshield and a shattered drivers side door window when a rock came off a hillside and blew it into the cab at 60 mph. Cost us nothing as we have ZERO deductible on all policies.

I also filed a claim to have both my rear dually fenders replaced in 2017 with Progressive due to a stupid move I pulled. Barrowed a friends single unit snowmobile trailer and forgot it was behind the F-550 and stopped at a neighbors house to plow the snow out of her driveway. Backed up twice and jackknifed the trailer to both sides smashing the rear fenders and never knew it happened till the next day when I walked around the truck in the driveway and noted the fiberglass was shattered on both sides. DOHHHHHH Didn't cost me a dime for that dumb ****** lesson. Repairs were $3,400.00

Got a speeding ticket in Texas in my Corvette a few years ago down in TX. 80 in a 70 mph zone on the Interstate NE of Dallas. State Farm never blinked an eye or upped my premiums. Then a few months later I got stopped by the WSP near home for 10 over in my Jeep. Trooper comes back after running my license and history. Appears you have already been cited once this year for speeding. I said yeah it was down in central TX in my Corvette. 80 in a 70, guilty as charged, paid the fine. His response. I didn't know they had speed limits in Texas. I said apparently they do. Gave me my documents back and wished me a good day. Simply a Gotcha Moment.

Got stopped again a few years ago in the Corvette for doing 80 in a 70 area of I-90 on the west side of Snoqualmie Pass. MC cop paced me and stopped me. Took my documents, ran em and came back to the car. Now do I need to go back to my bike and write you for 10 over or can I go get back to work? By all means off you go get some work done and have a safe day. Gave me my documents and sped off ahead of me. Another Gotcha Moment.
    George and Sally

2006 Ford F-550 4x4
    2017 F-450 King Ranch Dually 4X4
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL, Load Range G tires added
    Three 160 Watt Solar panels up top, W/D and Dishwasher
    2006 Lance 1191 side entry truck camper, 1 slide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdawgfan View Post
    Hmmm...we do have full time coverage on our 303RLS from State Farm. .
    Perhaps things have changed since 2011 when we went full time. I had State Farm for many years, covered house, trucks, boats, motorcycles etc. Lot's of faith in the agent that I had worked with for many years. Then we went full time. The agent told me that the liability on the RV was covered under our home owners insurance, when we sold the house they could not write liability insurance on the RV. If I had a State Farm Policy today I would double check the "Full Time" part of the policy and particularly ask about liability insurance if the RV is parked and the tow vehicle is somewhere else.

I am with National Interstate now, but they have already said they are getting out of the RV market. I am looking at Progressive full time policy next.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    In my humble opinion, I would start with whomever is insuring your TV. Typically, when the 5'er is attached to the TV, the TV's policy is what is covering the trailer. RV insurance usually only covers the trailer when it is not being towed. We have State Farm for all our stuff and have never had an issue. Full coverage for a '07 Springdale 291 RKL-GL is in the neighborhood of $200. a year. Since we have roadside and towing for the TV through State Farm, I don't see a need to add that for the trailer.

John
    I learned this the hard way. Bought insurance on the 5th wheel as soon as we bought it. Rubbed up against another 5th wheel where we had it stored in San Diego....took out their awning. The insurance company told me "we only insure your trailer....because your 5th wheel is not motorized, you'll have to contact the insurance company that your truck is insured with". I called Allstate and they told me "you don't have the truck listed as additionally insured".......so I have to pay for the other guys trailer out of my pocket.

We went full time in Sept. and I recently had the insurance broker send us quotes from three different companies that insure full timers. Best coverage on the truck, 5th wheel and Harley is with Progressive.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife was a independent insurance agent, she suggest using Progressive they have the best insurance never combine your RV insurance with your homeowners and your auto , they rate your RV differently when there is a claim you need specific insurance for RVs.

Bryan

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast