User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Not sure how this AAA insurance issue on towing a one ton truck is to be totally confirmed. I have AAA and drive a one ton single rear wheel GMC 2016. I called my agent he told me he called corporate office they told him a one ton would be covered for towing. I have the standard AAA road side assistance policy, so not sure what to think. I do guestion my agent answers sometimes the agents seem to be told not much information on things just a hand book. Do we have a AAA agent on this forum that can give us more information about towing a one ton truck beings we have two different answers regarding this issue? Thank You. Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    ...one ton truck beings we have two different answers regarding this issue? Thank You. Jim
    We are not normal people. I bought an extended warranty for my dually. There was some exclusionary language in the contract that made it dubious as to whether or not they would cover the diesel engine pulling a 19,000 trailer. I have archived several emails that indicate they will cover the vehicle because my towing is within manufacturers limits. There was some initial consternation because the values are much greater than the average.

I know it's a separate expense, so I will throw this out there not as an endorsement nor an advertisement, but just personal experience. I purchased Good Sams Platinum towing package. In the last 3 years I have had my RV towed in a major way twice. My truck was towed in a minor way once, then again in a 90 mile trip to a qualified repair station. There was never a question raised about weight.

My RV tow when my engine blew I had a very frank discussion with the tow operator about the weight of my RV. He understood completely the issue. He asked that I ride along with him in the event there was a problem, the idea being I knew more about towing my RV than they did. The discussion was not about anger or blame, it was about understanding the situation. I had one tow operator concede that he was not comfortable backing my towed 5th wheel into a tight space, after I assured him that I would assume all responsibility he allowed me to back his truck, my RV, into the space.

You really have to talk to folks. Most want to do the right thing, some are afraid. But bad situations require honest open communication.

And then there are lazy stupid people who haven't got a clue. Take the time to work around them. Hopefully they will learn by the experience.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    Hi. Not sure how this AAA insurance issue on towing a one ton truck is to be totally confirmed. I have AAA and drive a one ton single rear wheel GMC 2016. I called my agent he told me he called corporate office they told him a one ton would be covered for towing. I have the standard AAA road side assistance policy, so not sure what to think. I do guestion my agent answers sometimes the agents seem to be told not much information on things just a hand book. Do we have a AAA agent on this forum that can give us more information about towing a one ton truck beings we have two different answers regarding this issue? Thank You. Jim
    According to the towtruck driver it was not so much about weight since my truck sticker says was under 10000 pounds it was about the Rating on my dually pickup truck. I went around and around for over an hour between the tow service and the emergency phone number that I called to get AAA out and in the end I ended up having to pay the tow truck driver out of my pocket to put the truck on his truck and tow it about 3 miles to a dealership. Over the course of the next week is when I was told from corporate that they do not tow dully pickup trucks, or anything over an F250.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2005 Dually Duramax and AAA towed it here in Phoenix for me on a flatbed, I never even thought about they may not be willing to tow it. Do you think it makes a difference since I have the RV Plus membership?
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmiller639 View Post
    I have a 2005 Dually Duramax and AAA towed it here in Phoenix for me on a flatbed, I never even thought about they may not be willing to tow it. Do you think it makes a difference since I have the RV Plus membership?
    I had plus serves too, that towed both the truck and the trailer. I guess just don't breakdown in California. It was just extremely annoying that their contract, that I happen to have a copy of, said they would tow the weight of my truck. But the towtruck driver and dispatch said no. when I called the corporate offices to get a refund they sided with the driver and the dispatch. If they would have refunded my money For the tow everything would have been fine and I probably still would be with them

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    According to the towtruck driver it was not so much about weight since my truck sticker says was under 10000 pounds it was about the Rating on my dually pickup truck. I went around and around for over an hour between the tow service and the emergency phone number that I called to get AAA out and in the end I ended up having to pay the tow truck driver out of my pocket to put the truck on his truck and tow it about 3 miles to a dealership. Over the course of the next week is when I was told from corporate that they do not tow dully pickup trucks, or anything over an F250.

While I am not questioning you there must be more to the story since AAA sells RV add on insurance to their upper tier policies that include not only the truck but also the 5th wheel... also included class C and A too...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    While I am not questioning you there must be more to the story since AAA sells RV add on insurance to their upper tier policies that include not only the truck but also the 5th wheel... also included class C and A too...
    It was very confusing for me since by paperwork said they would tow 10000 pounds yet they would not tow my truck. I guess this moral of the story is don't break down and California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This company is quite good in the RV insurance General. My father works closely with them.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678