User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help with Inverter choice and add-ons please

Hello, I'm purchasing an inverter, leaning towards Victron 2000w pure sine wave pass through. If you would be willing to share a link as to what model exactly I need aong with only needed add-ons. I'd like to be able to monitor with my phone and whatever else I am missing as I am new to this.

Current set up is 2 AMG batteries, 300w of solar and 25A MPPT solar charger. I'm just wanting to add an inverter to be able to run a few basic things, no major draw like AC.

Thanks!

Links to Amazon would be much appreciated as I'm needing to purchase now to have installed before our upcoming trip.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyme121 View Post
    Hello, I'm purchasing an inverter, leaning towards Victron 2000w pure sine wave pass through. If you would be willing to share a link as to what model exactly I need aong with only needed add-ons. I'd like to be able to monitor with my phone and whatever else I am missing as I am new to this.

Current set up is 2 AMG batteries, 300w of solar and 25A MPPT solar charger. I'm just wanting to add an inverter to be able to run a few basic things, no major draw like AC.

Thanks!

Links to Amazon would be much appreciated as I'm needing to purchase now to have installed before our upcoming trip.
    Question Are you ever going to add more solar or got to Lithium batterys? If so look at the Vicrton Multiplus. If you have a 50A servicethey have the Multiplus II.

Why do I say this - The Multiplus is fully programmable for any battery type and has a built in transfer switch. It is basically plug and play. You take the shore power to it, then from it to the distribution panel, Connect up your batterys and disconnect the stock converter. And your done. The benefit is every circuit in the trailer is tied to the inverter.

By going a separate inverter you are looking at a transfer switch and a separate circuit box with a bunch of wiring. Lots to go wrong.

Just food for thought. BTW there is a lot of good technical information on this topic over at the GD Technical forum on thier web site.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Second on Victron multiplus. It’s the gateway drug into the Victron world. I have the 2000 and it’s runs AC just fine, even better now that I have the soft start but my AC units are the Power Saver models as well.

Then either go all out with a Victron Cerbo controller and the cables to connect it. Then you have a nice web interface on your phone and anywhere else. Can just get the Bluetooth Smart adapter as well and see it on your phone with the Victron Connect app.

If getting new MPPT chargers, be sure to get the SmartSolar versions so you have Bluetooth.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 30amp and yes in future will go to Lithium. Looking at the Victron 2000w pure sine wave inverter (not sure exact model name) with pass through. (Not sure if that is a standard option?) But I need to know what exact model to get with these options, but also need to know what components I need as well. I already have factory MPPT solar charger, but need to know what other devices I need to be able to monitor devices with my smart phone, and whatever else I might need. I've been looking online but so confusing on what exactly I need and what every component does and if I need it or not.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only 30amp and yes in future will go to Lithium. Looking at the Victron 2000w pure sine wave inverter (not sure exact model name) with pass through. (Not sure if that is a standard option?) But I need to know what exact model to get with these options, but also need to know what components I need as well. I already have factory MPPT solar charger, but need to know what other devices I need to be able to monitor devices with my smart phone, and whatever else I might need. I've been looking online but so confusing on what exactly I need and what every component does and if I need it or not.
    So you going to spend about $400 in the inverter, another $150 for a trnser switch and another $275 for a good lithium compatible converter, Then there is the wiring and lugs and crimping tools etc - probably $250 easily and it you pay for help - who knows.

So your at $825 for the equipment and $250 for wiring, etc you at $1075 You can get the MultiPlus 12/3000/120 for about the same price, even cheaper on sale this time a year And the only wiring you might need is a run of 10/3 SOOW cable from the unit to your panel.

You can run it alone, but I do recommend the cerbo GX device and screen to monitor and change some settings To really program you need the MK3 adapter to plug into your computer where you can program everything. I have mine tied into my Mopeks propane sensor so I know tank level at a glance. I also have my MPPT solar controllers tied it

I started out the way you were, but the pieces to make it work kept adding up. So I took the plunge and could never be happier.

Now there are a few real experts on the GD Technical forum(Grand Design web site) that you can get advice from.

Good luck and think about the wiring and parts to do what your thinking of

BTW this is a source I bought from with good customer help. He does give discount too https://www.continuousresources.com/...r-with-charger There are numerous others. Just be sure they are Victron authorized, https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Would love to second or third the advice on f Via Freon inverters to r other components, but, what you need to do ask really ask yourself what you want to do with your system. Do you just want to make coffee, watch tv, charge devices and maybe a hairdryer, of more.

You
    Mentioned being able to see and manage through your phone, so that’s a requirement. I’m ac, but maybe a coffee maker.

Do you want a total system, ok keep the factory converter.

I think for what you describe, a smaller system with less complexity may be what you are looking at.

A simple 2k inverter that rounds the a sub panel and the selected devices is not a bad idea.

You can get a good 2k inverter into a sub panel with specific outlets feeding you 120 volt needs. This keeps existing systems in place and is more minimalist. Whole coach solution is a bit more drastic, but equally satisfying, but certainly more expensive and a bit more complex in execution.

Start by identifying your needs and build your system around you needs
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responding. I know my exact needs, I just don't know what components I need exactly. I'm hiring someone else to install. I just want the 2k inverter hooked to entire camper minus AC, be able to manage and monitor through my phone, and keep stock Furrion MPPT controller. Also having another built in battery monitor in the camper would be nice as well.