User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 337RLS for full timing

Was trying to figure out if the underbelly is heated as a standard feature. Says it in the 4 season arctic package part of the information online....did not know if this was standard or extra cost?

Jim

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The basement is heated back to the area that contains the water pump, water heater and main heater (where the floor level drops at the back of the bathroom to the lower level in the main living area). Behind that, there's one small heating duct that terminates in the area underneath the kitchen island. Over the past holidays we were in Aberdeen, MD, and had a 5-day stretch of single-digit lows with highs around 22 degrees. To top that off, the wind was blowing 25 - 40 MPH constantly. We put a fan-forced ceramic heater in the basement on a cube type thermostat and had the main heater on (used a 30 lb. propane tank about every three days). No problems until the third morning when we woke up to frozen water lines to the kitchen island. I opened up the Coroplast and found that the one heater duct to the area was smashed between the Coroplast and a frame cross-member. There is also no insulation above the Coroplast, so the water lines to the kitchen were lying on what amounts to plastic cardboard with no protection. I repaired the heater duct and pointed it at the water lines (it wasn't before), installed foam "noodle" pipe insulation around the Pex water lines as far forward as I could, and put a layer of Reflectix "bubble-foil" insulation on top of the Coroplast between it and the water lines. No problems after that.

The simpler answer to your question is "sorta," but the set-up will, as illustrated above, handle all but pretty extreme conditions. (We had previously experienced single-digit temps and high winds in West Texas, but for a much shorter period of time). Although the waste and fresh water tanks don't have heating pads on them, we've never had an issue with those freezing up.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, gives me something to check when getting the rv. appreciate the details.

Jim H

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone just sprayfoam the bottom then?

Jim

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Anyone just sprayfoam the bottom then?

Jim
    I've actually given that idea some serious thought ! The problem I can see is that most of the areas that need the thermal insulation that spray foam would be great for . . . also need access for service/repairs/replacements.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I've actually given that idea some serious thought ! The problem I can see is that most of the areas that need the thermal insulation that spray foam would be great for . . . also need access for service/repairs/replacements.

Rob
    And the Coroplast is too flexible for rigid foam. I would consider laying some good insulation with a vapor barrier on top of the Coroplast - but it would have to be pretty light-weight.

Another Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about laying the foam boards right under the coroplast......instead of trying to skirt the entire unit? Just thinking about when we get the unit we will end up spending one winter in the NE part of Pa.......after that, roll where it is warm! LOL

Jim H

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thinking they would butt up right against using some sort of channel to keep them tight? Like a J channel or something along those lines. Wonder if that could work....?????

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second Chance,
    Good ideas, I'll have to see about slipping some relectix between my 3 water lines that run from basement to kitchen area.
    Seems the easiest way to add because of the lines are laid on the coroplast along with wiring.
    I see one duct sorta follows the lines back and then has a 90 to point the air toward the middle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	8803Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	8804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0017.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	8805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	8806

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange that there isnt insulation om top of chloroplast. I dropped the back section of mine when installing my dryer vent and there was fiberglass type insulation laid in there. I have a Momentum, but i cant imagine why that part would be different. You could always pick some up from Lowes and add it yourself. Another helpful hint in the winter is to leave your island doors open at night to allow the heat to enter the island. We havent had issues with freezing water lines, but have heard from others this helps.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast